10 Great Dating Tips
Everyone in the dating scene can use these 10 great dating tips to better their game and make the most out of the dating world. The truth is, no one knows the ins and outs of dating all figured out, but these tips will certainly help your chances.
- Prepare yourself. The dating scene is filled with people not ready to make a commitment. Girls are still trying to get over their exes and guys just aren’t ready to think of anyone but themselves. Make sure you are ready to date before treading the waters.
- Put yourself together. You want to look your best and be at the top of your game when dating. Take care of yourself, cut your hair, work out and take a shower or two. Get use to keeping up with your personal hygiene before letting the girls come close. There are a lot of other men out there and you don’t want to get passed up because you are a little flabby and smell like old gym socks.
- Buy some new clothes. If you are still sporting a sweater vest or some acid wash jeans, it is time for a new look. That might have worked for Zack Morris but we are in a whole new century now. Head to the mall and update your look. Pick out jeans and shirts that flatter your body type and make you feel good.
- Find out what you are looking for. What are your dating goals? Are you looking for a potential lifetime mate or just someone to kick it with on a regular basis. Knowing what you want will help you find the girl that fits that bill, whether it’s a for-the-moment girl or the real thing. If you want something long-term, don’t be afraid to set a girl free when you realize she is not right for your long-term goals. You both will move on quicker if you don’t hold out.
- Go out with like-minded buddies. If you want a serious relationship and not just a hook up, avoid going out with your dog-like friends. You know the ones! Their attitudes and discretion are sure to sabotage your game and send the girls running for comfort in someone else’s arms.
- Date within your league. If you aren’t into high fashion, glitz and glam, why do you want a high-maintenance kind of girl? She is going to expect you to live up to her level of savvy. Is that what you want? There are tons of women out there that love a cold beer and a good baseball game.
- Common interests are a great starting point. Join different clubs and organizations that spark your interest. Go to sporting events or watch the game at the sports bar. Do you like to read? Take your books and hang out at the bookstore. The options are endless, but the point is to do the things you like that get you around people. No matter how hard you pray, a beautiful women is not going to land in your lap as you sit at home playing video games!
- Don’t seem desperate. For some, the thrill of dating comes with the chase. Don’t play games, but don’t show your cards after the first round. Leave the ladies wanting more and looking forward to seeing you again and again. Building up anticipation over time is sure to keep the flame burning instead of fizzling out quick.
- Enjoy! Dating is about meeting new people, expensing new things and having a good time. Open your mind to what others have to offer and be up to the challenge of trying new things and stepping out of your comfort zone. Sure, something will fail and end badly, but it will make a great story to tell on a new date.
- Don’t let yourself get burnt out. It the dating scene is getting tiresome, take a break. Everyone knows how emotional and physically draining dating can get. Don’t stress about it. Take the time you need to regroup and refocus. You will come back refreshed and ready to give it your all after awhile.