These 10 great horror movies for a first date will have that girl cuddling up on the couch, holding on for fear of the movie scaring her. These movies are a sure bet, and they have a great scare factor. Some of them are even a little psychological, so she may be scared the whole night! It'll be her date's job to keep her safe.
- “The Crazies” remake that came out in 2010 is a great horror movie for a first date. This is because in this movie people fight for the one's they love when some plague of insanity takes over the people in a small in Iowa. This scary flick stars Radha Mitchell and Timothy Olyphant.
- “A Nightmare On Elm Street” is another 2010 remake that is a great first date movie. This films brings back a darker and scarier Freddy. Not as many clever one-liners, but it will have your date hiding behind your shoulder and holding your hand in fear! Stars Jackie Earle Haley, Kyle Gallner, Katie Cassidy, Clancy Brown and Kellan Lutz.
- “The Shining” is a classic 80's horror movie that is great for date watching. The hotel's creepy ghosts are sure to cause nightmares. This movie based on a Stephen King book stars Jack Nicholson, Shelley Duvall and Danny Lloyd.
- “1408” is a creepy tale about the haunting of a room in a motel. In 2007, this horror movie scared many people when it hit the big screen. Now the ghosts of room “1408” can scare those on first dates. Stars John Cusack and Samuel L. Jackson.
- “Stir of Echoes” is a 1999 film about a couple who move into a haunted house. The husband starts to see things after being hypnotized by his sister-in-law. This is a great movie for a first date, and it will make one think before buying a new home! Stars Kevin Bacon, Kathryn Erbe and Illeana Douglas.
- “What Lies Beneath” brings more ghosts to date night. This 2000 is about adultery, murder and ghosts. By the end of this movie no one will want to cheat if this first date goes any farther! This frightening film stars Harrison Ford and Michelle Pfeiffer.
- “Poltergeist” is another hauntingly frightening horror movie perfect for a first date. This 1982 film is about a family who moves into a house that was reportedly built on the graves of a cemetery. Of course, they didn't know this when they moved in. Stars JoBeth Williams, Heather O'Rourke and Craig T. Nelson.
- “The Exorcist” is one of the ultimate horror films, just don't split any pea soup on this date. In 1973, this film about a young girl that was possessed by a demon scared everyone who was brave enough to watch it. This flick stars Ellen Burstyn, Max von Sydow and Linda Blair.
- “The Grudge” came out 2004 and was a remake of a Japanese horror film. The rash of these horror film remakes has people scared beyond anything at the time. These haunting films are great for first dates and ensure fear and cuddling. “The Grudge” stars Sarah Michelle Gellar, Jason Behr and Clea Duvall.
- “The Ring” is another scary Japanese horror film remake. Not as scary as “The Grudge,” but when Samara come crawling from the film out of the television into real life fear will set in. This 2002 film stars Naomi Watts, Martin Henderson and Daveigh Chase.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
10 Red Flags That Kill Your Chances With Women
Wondering why that first date didn’t lead to a second? Read on.
How to Turn (Almost) Every Lady’s Head
Top female stylists share their favorite men’s looks.
6 Signs the Beard Is Just Not Working for You
You may need to grab a razor and ditch the facial fuzz.