If you want to be moved by a beautiful cinematic explosion, check out this list of 10 great life changing movies for guys. Movies affect each person differently, but even the roughest soul will find it hard not to be moved by most of the movies on this list.
- “Rudy” The ultimate feel-good movie, “Rudy” is the story of Daniel Ruettiger, who dreamed of playing football at Notre Dame, but was always told he was too small to play. This inspirational story of his drive to succeed touches anyone who sees it.
- “Star Wars” There is no going back after you start this epic series. Check out the original trilogy for a movie experience that will touch you forever.
- “Fight Club” Brad Pitt and Edward Norton both play two sides of the same coin in this disturbing, graphic look at what the other side of life might be like. After watching this movie, a part of every guy wants to kiss their life goodbye and go crack skulls in some basement.
- “The Big Lebowski” The Dude is the exact opposite of everything we have come to expect out of a hero, and we only love him more because of it. This Cohen Brother’s take on mistaken identity will make you stop and think a little harder about what is important in life.
- “Easy Rider” This counterculture epic focuses on two bikers and their journey for financial and spiritual freedom. The film helps frame the spirit of the 60's, and will change the way that you look at the counterculture.
- “Casablanca” “Casablanca” is one of the few dramas that it perfectly okay for guys to like. Humphrey Bogart is the epitome of cool, as he deals with the sudden reappearance of the love of his life in Northern Africa.
- “Into the Wild” For any guy who has thought about selling all his things and heading out to live off of the wild, there is "Into the Wild." The true story of Christopher McCandless is as beautiful as it is cautionary.
- “Die Hard” “Die Hard” is a life changing movie only in the respect that after you see it, you will never see a better action film. Bruce Willis plays the everyman-turned-hero and Alan Rickman turns in the best villain performance in movie history.
- “American Beauty” More than any other movie, “American Beauty” looks at the complicated life of the average man. The movie takes it a step further as Kevin Spacey walks out of his normal life and into his dreams, if only for a little while.
- “The Shawshank Redemption” Based on a Steven King story, “The Shawshank Redemption” makes you think about good and evil, and right and wrong, all while spinning one hell of a story.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
What Your Jeans Tell Her About You
Because for women, denim is truth serum.
15 Types of Tattoos Worth the Newfound Health Risks
That dumb bet you lost in college? It’s actually endearing.
15 Signs She Wants You to Come Talk to Her at the Bar
These not-so-subtle hints mean legit interest—and time for action.