The 10 great movies to watch when bored are movies that make you laugh, excite you and make you feel happy to be watching your favorite movie on TV. When bored, you don’t want something complex or depressing, you want something energetic that can make you smile and enjoy your down time. From gangster flicks to comic masterpieces to epic bowling movies, here are 10 great movies to watch when bored.
- “Pulp Fiction” – Quentin Tarantino’s 1994 breakthrough film “Pulp Fiction” is a great movie to watch when bored. The movie tells various stories surrounding a mob boss and his hit men. It stars an all-star cast including John Travolta, Bruce Willis, Sam Jackson and Uma Thurman.
- “BASEketball” – The creators of “South Park” star in this movie directed by the man who brought us “Airplane.” “BASEketball” tells the story of a fictional sports league that mixes baseball and basketball and becomes the biggest sporting event in the world. The jokes come hard and fast and the visual gags are enough to keep you entertained as a great movie to watch when bored.
- “The Dark Knight” – The Dark Knight is one of the first comic book movies to be seriously considered for Best Picture at the Oscars. Christopher Nolan expands on his original Batman movie, “Batman Begins,” and directs this movie, stolen by the late actor Heath Ledger’s fantastic portrayal of The Joker, a role that won him a posthumous Academy Award.
- “Fight Club” – David Fincher creates a complex tale of a man who meets a stranger and ends up giving up everything in his life to be part of a tight knit society of men in an underground fight club. Ed Norton and Brad Pitt star in this tour-de-force that bombed when it came out in theaters but has since become a huge hit on DVD.
- “Caddyshack” – If any comedy bears the right to call itself the number one comedy movie to watch when bored, it is “Caddyshack.” Bill Murray, Chevy Chase and Rodney Dangerfield star in this movie while all three men were at the height of their comic prowess.
- “The Big Lebowski” – Before the Coen brothers won their first Oscar for the visceral hit “No Country for Old Men,” they made this cult sensation. “The Big Lebowski” is the story of a slacker, known as The Dude, who likes to bowl and hang out without a care in the world. It is the prototypical great movie to watch when bored.
- “Army of Darkness” – Bruce Campbell became a cult sensation thanks to his portrayal of Ash in the “Evil Dead” trilogy. While the second “Evil Dead” movie remains the better horror film, “Army of Darkness” is the most fun, sending Ash back in time with nothing but a can of gasoline and his Boomstick.
- “Terminator 2” – James Cameron proved to be a master filmmaker long before he made “Avatar” and “Titanic.” While “Terminator 2: Judgment Day” did not make the money of the other two films, it stands up as well today as it did when it was first released. “T2” is a great action movie that will help any long day seem better.
- “Super Troopers” – When sitting down with a great movie to watch when bored, it is nice to have a movie you can quote from start to finish. The debut film for the Broken Lizard comedy troupe is just that. The movie is about a police department that faces hard times until they find a giant case that can save their jobs. It’s the most quotable police comedy since the first “Police Academy.”
- “Crank” – A great movie to watch when bored is “Crank.” The movie is a hyperkinetic experience with rapid cuts and an almost rapid-fire video feel. Jason Statham plays a hit man who receives an injection of poison and only has a limited time to live. He spends his last hours trying to find who poisoned him to seek vengeance. It is the movie version of rock and roll.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
How to Turn (Almost) Every Lady’s Head
Top female stylists share their favorite men’s looks.
Acting, comedy and strong spirits converge in Speakeasy. When host Russell Peters interviews entertainers about all sorts of topics, neither the drinks nor the conversation is wate …
10 Times Women Find You Incredibly Sexy
Roll up your sleeves and get to reading, gentlemen.