10 Great Running Songs 2010
The 10 great running songs 2010 can give a boost to a mundane routine and bring new motivation to keep working out. All genres of music have great songs that can help pass the time while you are running. The ten great running songs 2010 are diverse, but all provide hard-hitting beats that coincide perfectly with running strides. It is all about what works best for you and what songs will bring your work-out to the next level.
- "Telephone" by Lady Gaga and Beyonce. One of the ten great running songs 2010 is a collaboration between two of the biggest female pop stars. The song is from Lady Gaga's "The Fame Monster," and is about an annoying boyfriend who calls too frequently while she is at the club. The song has an up-tempo beat, which makes it a great running song.
- "Monster" by Kanye West. The song has a great heart thumping beat which makes it easy to run along to. The song features aggressive verses from Kanye, Jay-Z, Rick Ross, and Nicki Minaj, which can boost up anyones adrenaline. It is from the 2010 collaboration EP by Kanye and Jay-Z titled "Watch the Throne."
- "California Gurls" by Katy Perry featuring Snoop Dogg. It is the first single from Perry's album "Teenage Dream." The light-hearted party song was a summer anthem in 2010 and could be heard on the radio and in the clubs. Listening to the fluffy pop song by Perry is sure to put a pep in each running step.
- "Born Free" BY M.I.A. The 2010 song is great for running because it is long and constantly changes from a fast to slow beat. In the music video, there is a lot of running, which coincides with the music. M.I.A. knows how to make great dance songs, and anything worth dancing to can easily translate into a running song.
- "Dance Yrself Clean" by LCD Soundsystem. Long songs with great beats always make great running songs. The nine minute track is off "This Is Happening," which is LCD Soundsystem's third studio album. James Murphy created the song to have a warm-up steady beat before flowing into a dance along synth sounding finish.
- "Forget You" by Cee-Lo Green. This is one of the ten great running songs of 2010 because you can let out aggression by screaming the lyrics, "F**k you too," while working out. The song was released as a single in 2010 from the album "The Lady Killer." The lyrics are about Cee-Lo's materialistic ex-girlfriend and how he dealt with her high and mighty attitude.
- "The Time (Dirty Bit)" by The Black Eyed Peas. The Black Eyed Peas consistently create great running songs including the 2010 track "The Time (Dirty Bit)." The fast paced song is off their album "The Beginning." It is a fun loving party song that samples the 1987 track, "(I've Had) The Time of My Life."
- "American Slang" by Gaslight Anthem. The 2010 rock song is great to listen to while running. It is the first single off the album "American Slang," and has great guitar riffs and a steady beat. The sound has a calming effect which could be great for a cool down song.
- "Animal" by Neon Trees. The lead single off Neon Trees' debut 2010 album "Habits" is a great running song. The energizing beat and lyrics can get anyone's blood pumping. "Animal" is a fun and energetic track that is hard to get sick listening to.
- "Destabilise" by Enter Shikari. Dubstep mixed with post-hardcore makes great running songs. The aggressive beat is great motivation to run fast. It is an aggressive song you will not be able to get out of your head. In 2010, Enter Shikari released the song only as a single, and it is not on any album.