Running and music go together, so we compiled a list of 10 great running songs. To some extent, running is an attitude, just as much as it is an action. Some of the songs on our list are there for their attitude, if not for their running qualities. Maybe you can think of more songs to add to the list.
- "Born to run" by Bruce Springsteen Possibly the greatest song about running ever written. This song is permanently at the top of any list of great running songs. Great message and the driving beat are a winning combination.
- "Ride Like the Wind" by Christopher Cross OK, the song is about riding, but the music will get your legs moving. You will feel faster just listening to this one.
- "Running Down a Dream" by Tom Petty Another song about riding, but at least it has "running" in the title. Great tune for any activity and a great message about never giving up and getting after what you want.
- "Against the Wind" by Bob Seger More of a defiant type of running or running with resistance, which is good for strength building. Sometimes you will experience obstacles, but you'll have to put your head down and press on against the wind.
- "Running With the Devil" by Van Halen Though the message might be considered somewhat negative, the sound of the music certainly inspires movement.
- "Running on Empty" by Jackson Browne Typical sad message by Jackson Browne, but the music is really good for running. Sometimes you have to just think that it's only rock and roll and forget about the words.
- "Centerfield" by John Fogerty Not about running, but the music is so upbeat, you will want to run. Being reborn, starting over and being ready to play, what more could you want in an inspirational song?
- "On the Run" by Pink Floyd A good, long jogging song. Not too fast, but a nice steady pace. Some thought-provoking lyrics as well. The beauty of Pink Floyd is the music flows with an inspirational message.
- "Ready to Run" by The Dixie Chicks Another good, fast paced song to get your run going. This is more a feel-good song and running makes you feel good.
- "Break on Through" by The Doors Classic rock song about breaking obstacles. This is great inspiration when you're running and need a little encouragement.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
Meet Amber Heard, Billion-Dollar Girlfriend
Girl picks herself some winners, wallet-wise.
What You Can Learn From Your Date’s Outfit—Including How Luc...
From the daddy’s girl to the free spirit to the trendsetter, we’ve got you covered.
10 Reasons Your Wife Is Unhappy in Your Marriage
Don't shoot the messenger. This is what science says.