10 Great Songs To Run To
Nothing beats good music for firing up a workout, so on your next run, take along these 10 great songs to run to. Whether you're jogging leisurely or going for broke, you're sure to find songs here that will motivate you and keep you pumped up.
- “Gonna Fly Now” by Bill Conti. “Gonna Fly Now,” the theme from the film "Rocky," has been a staple of exercise music for decades. Time hasn't lessened its appeal; it's one of the great songs to run to and likely will always be.
- “Running With the Devil” by Van Halen. With its supercharged guitar riffs, “Running With the Devil” will make you feel like you want to run all night. Its steady, driving beat will push your stamina into overdrive.
- “One Night in Bangkok” by Murray Head. The catchy rhythm of “One Night in Bangkok” will translate into a spring in your step. Because of its sense of fun, it's one of the great songs to run to.
- “Fight the Power” by Public Enemy. “We've got to fight the powers that be,” sings Public Enemy in one of the great songs to run to. This song's thumping beat is guaranteed not only to fight fatigue but also to give you a second wind.
- “Fat Bottomed Girls” by Queen. You can't listen to “Fat Bottomed Girls” without wanting to move. If you put this song on your runner's playlist, then you won't have to worry about your own bottom getting fat.
- “T.N.T.” by AC/DC. Heavy metal music is a blast while running, and “T.N.T.," one of the great songs to run to, will put muscle in your miles. Adrenaline will surge through you like dynamite as AC/DC sings about their “power load.”
- “Runnin' Down a Dream” by Tom Petty. In “Runnin' Down a Dream,” Tom Petty sings, “There's something good waiting down this road.” Every runner knows the satisfaction of reaching goals, and this song speaks to that pride.
- “Rebel Yell” by Billy Idol. With its fast-paced rhythm, “Rebel Yell” is one of the great songs to run to. As Billy Idol sings, “Last night a little angel came pumping across my floor,” you'll feel pumped to keep running.
- “Running on Empty” by Jackson Browne. You won't be running on empty while listening to this song. Its smooth, soulful style will motivate you to sail through your runs, whether short or long, with ease.
- “'Til I Collapse” by Eminem. Because it's rhythm-oriented, rap music makes a great addition to a runner's playlist. In “'Til I Collapse,” one of the great songs to run to, Eminem will inspire you with lyrics that speak to gritty, never-give-up determination.
Posted on: Jan. 18, 2011