10 Great Tattoo Ideas
Use these 10 great tattoo ideas to help you to develop a tattoo project for your body. People who get tattoos generally want something that is personable and unique to them. Tattoos are a way of showing who you are and what interests you have without having to say a word.
- Get a tattoo that can be modified or added on to. As people get older, their interests may become more refined. That's why it's a great idea to get a tattoo that can be easily changed or added to. For example, if you have a tattoo of your daughter's face on your body, leave enough room so that you can add to it. This way, if you want to add a body or wings later, it's easily done.
- Confuse people. Put something small and realistic on your body to make people look twice. A small spider or even a smashed insect tattoo will make people look twice and maybe even try to get it off of you!
- Use symbols. Instead of using English letters for your tattoo, why not use religious symbols or symbols from another language. You can say something common without looking common at all!
- Use tattoos to keep count. You can use tattoos almost as living things. Add to your tattoo every year, after every child is born or to mark some other momentous occasion. For instance, if you want to add to your tattoo after every woman you break up with, you can create a spiral chain and add a skull for every breakup.
- Put music on your body. You can put a music scale on your body and use the notes to say limited words. Music scales and notes are very decorative and an interesting way to say something that only a few people can understand.
- Make realistic looking designs. There are several ways to make the tattoos on your body look realistic. For instance, you can tattoo a tear in your skin, with muscle and bone tattoos to lend depth to the tattoo.
- Create a tapestry of tattoos within a tattoo. You can virtually tell a story or make your opinions clear by putting tattoos within tattoos on your body. For instance, if ecology is your thing, you might want a tattoo of the earth with some of the things most important to you inside of it. Deform the earth to show the abuse it is taking, then add things like clouds of pollution and dripping oil to make your point clear.
- Commemorate dates. Whether it's your wedding date, day of mourning or some other momentous occasion, a tattoo of the date or symbol of the date will be a daily reminder. Use Roman numerals to make it look classic.
- Tattoo around a piercing. Combine a tattoo with a piercing to create a unique design that draws attention to your creativity. If you plan to use this method, you might want to have a tentative overall plan since these are permanent marks on your body and it may be difficult to change plans midstream.
- Accentuate your body parts. You can do this by having your six pack abdomen tattooed on or even just slightly pigmented shadows to enhance some features that you have, like different muscles. Remember that shadows can make you look slimmer in some areas while making other areas look larger.