10 Great Wrestling Moves
There are a killjillion (what the blue hell is a killjillion?) wrestling moves in pro wrestling, however, there are 10 great wrestling moves that are worth mentioning.
- "Buff Blockbuster." Performed and invented by Marcus "Buff Bagwell" is a great wrestling move. Buff Bagwell goes on the middle turnbuckle rope, he flips over his opponent while grabbing his head, and he hits the mat. The "Buff Blockbuster" is essentially a flipping neckbreaker.
- "F-5." UFC MMA fighter and ex-professional wrestler Brock Lesnar performed this great wrestling move. Lesnar takes his opponent and lifts him up in a fireman's carry position. Lesnar spins his opponent in the air and sort of DDT's him to the mat.
- "Flatliner." The late Chris Kanyon innovated the "Flatliner" when he was performing this great wrestling move in his tenure in the now defunct World Championship Wrestling (WCW). The "Flatliner" is a reverse Russian Legsweep.
- "Pepsi Plunge." CM Punk, a current WWE Superstar, performed the "Pepsi Plunge" when he was in Ring of Honor (ROH) and other independent wrestling promotions. The "Pepsi Plunge" is a top rope "Pedigree," a move innovated by Triple H. CM Punk goes on the middle turnbuckle rope to perform this great wrestling move.
- "Jackhammer." Bill Goldberg, a wrestling sensation in the late 1990s, performed the "Jackhammer" to his opponents. Goldberg performed this great wrestling move with his yearlong stint in the WWE from 2003 to 2004. Goldberg picks up his opponent as if he is doing a regular suplex except he power slams his opponent to the mat and pins him for the win.
- "Shooting Star Press." Jushin "Thunder" Liger, Billy Kidman, Evan Bourne and other pro wrestlers perform the "Shooting Star Press" from the top rope. A "Shooting Star Press" is a beautiful and great wrestling move that is a forward backflip. Instead of landing on your back, you land on your stomach.
- Rock Bottom. Dwayne "the Rock" Johnson perfected the "Rock Bottom," a move you do by holding your opponent with your arm and then picking him up and slamming him to the ground. This great wrestling move is basic; however, the move packs a strong punch.
- "Frankensteiner/ Hurricanrana." Scott Steiner and Mexican wrestlers have done the "Hurricanrana" for decades. Scott Steiner performed the "Frankensteiner" in the early 1990s as his signature move when he wrestled in singles matches. You wrap your legs around your opponent's head and you then use your arms to flip over the opponent and the opponent lands on his head.
- "Atomic Legdrop." "The Immortal" Hulk Hogan has defeated Andre the Giant, King Kong Bundy, Shawn Michaels, "Macho Man" Randy Savage and other wrestling legends with this great wrestling move. A running legdrop, really? Yes, really! Hogan performed this legdrop like no one else.
- "Fameasser." Marty Jannetty, former tag team partner of Shawn Michaels, performed this move first until "Bad Ass" Billy Gunn and now Dolph Ziggler perform this move in the squared circle. Your opponent ducks down and you jump in the air leg dropping your opponent's head, but you lock your legs together. It is like a legdrop bulldog.
Posted on: Mar. 05, 2011