These ten greatest acoustic songs are from some of the best loved bands and artists. With classic rock, like Pink Floyd, grunge from Alice in Chains and reggae from Bob Marley, each of these acoustic songs is incredible in its own right. Enjoy listening to these ten greatest acoustic songs from some incredible bands and musicians.
- "For What It's Worth" by Buffalo Springfield. This is the best known hit from Buffalo Springfield. As well as being a great hit, overall, this is also one of the ten greatest acoustic songs there is and has grown to become an anthem for unrest worldwide.
- "Redemption Song" by Bob Marley. "Redemption Song" is one of Bob Marley's best loved songs and one of his few that consists of a solo, acoustic performance in the recorded version. Included within it are variations on a speech from Marcus Garvey containing a strong sociopolitical message.
- "Wish You Were Here" by Pink Floyd. "Wish You Were Here" is one of the greatest acoustic songs and one of the most popular of all time. Pink Floyd's "Wish You Were Here" ranks high on many best of lists.
- "Knockin' on Heaven's Door" by Bob Dylan. Bob Dylan's "Knockin on Heaven's Door" is considered by many people to be one of the greatest acoustic songs to have been created. Written and performed by Bob Dylan for the soundtrack of the 1973 film "Pat Garrett and Billy the Kid," this song has been since remade by many performers including Arthur Louis, Eric Clapton, and Guns N' Roses.
- "Nutshell" by Alice in Chains. Alice in Chains' performance of "Nutshell" is outstanding. Both the lyrics and instrumentals are incredible powerful for an acoustic song.
- "Karma Police" by Radiohead. Radiohead's "Creep" song was well received. The song features Thom Yorke's voice with an echo effect at parts, among haunting instrumentals.
- "Something in the Way" by Nirvana. Nirvana's eerie, yet soothing "Something in the Way" is an incredible acoustic song. The song is one of the best acoustic hits from this top grunge band.
- "Pool Shark" by Sublime. Sublime's acoustic "Pool Shark" stands out amongst their live recordings. Most seem to believe the song is about singer Bradley Nowell's struggle with heroin addiction.
- "Patience" by Guns N' Roses. Guns N' Roses' "Patience" was a top hit from this hard rock band. With a folk rock style, and three acoustic guitars being played on the track, the song has been popular for live cover performances.
- "Wind of Change" by Scorpions. The power ballad "Wind of Change" was one of the biggest hits from Scorpions. In fact, worldwide, the single has received an incredible amount of recognition and praise.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
10 Types of Tattoos Women Love
That dumb bet you lost in college? It’s actually endearing.
6 Signs She Wants You to Come Talk to Her at the Bar
These not-so-subtle hints mean legit interest—and time for action.
How to Turn (Almost) Every Lady’s Head
Top female stylists share their favorite men’s looks.