If you are an avid Indie music fan, then you should know what the 10 greatest indie songs are. Indie music appeals to people because of it's rebellious, "out of the box" nature, and can help you express yourself better than mainstream music. The greatest indie songs are:
- "I Will Dare" – The Replacements. This is the first track from the final album from indie rock band, The Replacements. It has the perfect balance between music and expressions, making it one of the most perfect indie songs to date.
- "Teenage Riot" – Sonic Youth. This song has been described as "Stairway To Heaven" for the younger generation. It was a hugely successful song and is still played in concerts, despite being over two decades old.
- "This Ain't No Picnic" – The Minutemen. One of The Minutemen's most successful single, "This Ain't No Picnic" captures the essence of indie music with it's powerful, soul searching lyrics that speak of empowerment in the '80s.
- "Waiting Room" – Fugazi. An excellent punk-Indie song, "Waiting Room" is full of energy, and makes you want to dance, in contrast to most mainstream music.
- "Where Does The Good Go" – Tegan and Sara. A powerful, soul searching song that is both ambitious and soothing at the same time. A must listen for indie music lovers.
- "Cut Your Hair" – The Pavement. One of the best indie song of the '90s, with a powerful anthem about bands that sell themselves out for the sake of money and fame.
- "Suicide" – The Ravonettes. A great song by relative newcomers The Ravonettes, a Danish indie rock duo. "Suicide" has intense electrical instrumentation and dark lyrical content, making it a great Indie song.
- "Mr. Brightside" – The Killers. A fast paced indie song by the Killers, that makes you want to get up and dance, despite it's lyrics about infidelity.
- "That's Not My Name" – The Ting Tings. An energetic, nonsensical indie track that puts a light hearted spin on things. "That's Not My Name" is the first track by British indie duo The Ting Tings, and is one of the most popular modern day indie songs.
- "Supermassive Black Hole" – Muse. A solid Indie song that mixes R&B rhythms with alternative guitar. The song mixes a lot of musical elements into one big package, making it fast and funky.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
Acting, comedy and strong spirits converge in Speakeasy. When host Russell Peters interviews entertainers about all sorts of topics, neither the drinks nor the conversation is wate …
6 Signs She Wants You to Come Talk to Her at the Bar
These not-so-subtle hints mean legit interest—and time for action.
What Your Shoes Tell Her About You
How footwear can kick-start your dating game—or kick dirt on your grave.