Looking for the 10 greatest movies to watch on a date? Nothing ruins a date faster than a boring movie, or one that kills the mood. Any of these movies, from horror to romantic comedies, is sure to help make your date a success.
- "Jerry Maguire" "Jerry Maguire" is an ideal date movie for those unfamiliar with the concept. The romantic element isn't overbearing, and the sports element is fairly understated as well. Just enough of a tearjerker to get your date sniffling a little. Ideal for guaranteeing some cuddle action.
- "Crazy/Beautiful" "Crazy/Beautiful" is an unconventional romance movie. A privileged wild child meets a hardworking poor Latino boy. An excellent movie to bring back the memories of teen love.
- "Ghost" "Ghost" is a timeless classic that will always be a perfect date movie. If your date is a romantic, then "Ghost" will be right up their alley.
- "Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind" "Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind" is an intense movie that is sure to make you and your date think. If you're not the type of person to typically take in the regular old romantic comedy, then "Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind" is one to consider for your next movie date.
- "Scream" "Scream" is the quintessential scary date movie. Horror movies are always a good choice for a movie date, because they give the perfect opportunity to get closer.
- "Say Anything…" "Say Anything…" is another timeless date movie. Everyone knows the infamous scene where John Cusack serenades his love interest with his ancient stereo. While that scene does, indeed, date the movie, it still sets a high standard for romance movies today.
- "Dirty Dancing" "Dirty Dancing" is yet another timeless classic. While it is an undeniable chick flick, most guys don't mind watching it, especially on a date. Everyone knows the famous line, "Nobody puts Baby in the corner."
- "Dark Water" "Dark Water" is originally a Japanese story, as the best horror movies are. Instead of relying on the jumps from typical American horror movies, this one instead relies on a gradual building of suspense.
- "An Officer and a Gentleman" "An Officer and a Gentleman" is the perfect combination of guy movie and chick flick. It's got something to please everyone – bar fights, abuse from a gunnery sergeant, and a dose of romance.
- "House of Flying Daggers" "House of Flying Daggers" is a good choice for those uncomfortable with romance movies. While their is a romantic element involved, romance is far from being the main focus of the movie. The perfect date movie choice for those who prefer action flicks.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
10 Red Flags That Kill Your Chances With Women
Wondering why that first date didn’t lead to a second? Read on.
How to Turn (Almost) Every Lady’s Head
Top female stylists share their favorite men’s looks.
6 Signs the Beard Is Just Not Working for You
You may need to grab a razor and ditch the facial fuzz.