10 Greatest Workout Songs
When preparing to burn some calories, you must have a playlist of motivational songs ready to go, including these 10 greatest workout songs. These songs are complete with stimulating beats and inspiring lyrics.
- Most notably recognized from the hit motion feature “Rocky,” Survivor’s “Eye of the Tiger” continues to top playlists of workout mixes. The powerful song is tied to emotions of “the thrill of the fight, rising up to the spirit of our rival.”
- Recognized by Taylor Swift as her favorite workout song, Eminem’s “Lose Yourself” features hard beats and lyrics that drive you to move. “Lose Yourself” was both written and produced by Eminem for the soundtrack to the major motion feature “8 Mile.”
- Michael Jackson’s “Jam,” released in 1991 on the Album “Dangerous,” is guaranteed to urge you to kick your workout into high gear. Jackson proclaims “Go with it, go with it, jam, it ain’t, it ain’t, too much stuff. It ain’t too much for me to jam.”
- Drowning Pool’s 2001 hit “Bodies” appears on workout mixes due to its repetitive chorus that screams “Let the bodies hit the floor.” This song is sure to pick up your energy during your workout.
- Rihanna’s “S.O.S. (Rescue Me)” offers lighthearted but motivational beats that drive your desire to push your workout harder.
- Black Eyed Peas’ “I Gotta Feeling” inspires you to work out, since “tonight’s gonna be a good night.” The upbeat rhythm of the song ensures you power through your workout.
- When your legs are burning and arms feel like they’re ready to fall off, Kanye West’s “Stronger” reminds you “That that don’t kill me, can only make me stronger.”
- Taylor Swift’s “Picture to Burn” is perfect for those who need a little kick in their workout. The country beats are angrily motivated.
- The self-named track “Fergalicious” by Fergie offers strong hip hop beats to keep you motivated. Envisioning the body of Fergie also provides some additional inspiration to work yourself harder.
- Perfect for the last leg of a workout, “Final Countdown” by Europe provides an inspirational push to allow you to complete your workout with strength.
Posted on: Oct. 10, 2010