10 Guy Living Room Ideas
Here are ten guy living room ideas to make your home the envy of your friends. Before you start to decorate your living room, make sure you think each step through carefully. You want the room to look nice, so spend some time designing the entire layout. Choose the paint, carpeting, curtains, furniture and electronics that you want to have in your living room. Make sure to shop around, so you can save on your purchases.
- Use a neutral color on the walls. You have to spend a lot of time in your living room, so do not paint the walls an outrageous color. Stick to beiges or whites, and then use curtains and paintings to give the living room some color.
- Choose a basic carpet, not a shag. You will have to vacuum the carpet more than likely, so do not get a shag material. Guys have a tendency to be a bit sloppy, and shag is a nightmare to keep clean.
- Pick out the type of curtains you want for your living room. Stick to a basic type of curtain, not one that is lacy or too fancy. If you have carpeting in your living room, choose a curtain color that compliments both the wall paint and the carpet.
- Put up a ceiling fan in your living room. Having some air circulating can help you save on your air conditioning bill. Choose a basic affordable ceiling fan, nothing fancy is necessary.
- One of the best guy living room ideas is adding pictures to your walls. No one but you needs to decide the type of pictures or paintings to use on your walls. Put up some shots of your favorite athletes or hobbies, to make your walls stand out.
- Decide on the sofa and chair for your guy living room. Spend a little extra money so you can get a comfortable sofa and reclining chair for your guy hangout. Get a recliner that has a cup holder, so you do not have to worry about coasters.
- End tables, coffee tables and lamps are a must, but do not spend a lot on them. The main furniture cost should be the sofa and chair. Buy tables that match, and lamps that will fit on the tables.
- Buy a big screen TV for your living room. No living room is complete without a big TV. Get one that fits in the space that you have, and since you are a guy you also may want surround sound to make the unit more impressive.
- Choose a stereo system for your living room. Music is an important part of any guy’s set up, so spend some bucks to buy a killer sound system. Integrate it with your TV so the entire electronics system is in place.
- Make sure to buy some throw blankets for your living room. Put them on your sofa and chair, to use when you need them and don’t want to get up. This is one way you can add some color to your guy living room.