10 Halloween Dress Up Ideas
Have you wondered what are 10 great Halloween dress up ideas? There are a number of places to buy--both in store and online--or rent costumes. You can also create your own costumes with minimal investment. Whether going with friends or a significant other to a Halloween get together, a variety of costume ideas exist that can be fun.
- Go as a female. Borrow a wig (or re-style your own hair), make up and clothes from a family member or friend. They can assist you if you are unsure of how to approach this costume. Secondhand clothing stores stock shoes and clothes at a reasonable price. Make-up can be borrowed or purchased cheaply at a local store.
- Go as a vampire. Dressing up as a vampire is easy and inexpensive. Buying a cape, fangs and make up (packaged together) and black temporary hair dye will cost little, but will achieve a great look. Regular temporary dye usually lasts up to ten washes and will fade slightly with each wash.
- Go as a bum. Dressing up as a bum is relatively easy. Grow facial hair a week or two before the event. Wear old, dirt-laden clothes or ripped jeans. Purchase gloves and cut out the fingertips. Rub burnt cork lightly on facial area to simulate dirt. Take an empty wine bottle along for effect.
- Go as a scarecrow. Straw can be purchased at home improvement stores or garden centers around Halloween time. Dress up in a plaid shirt with jeans. Make-up can be added for extra effect. Stuff straw at bottoms of pants and sleeves.
- Go as a pirate. Allow facial hair to grow for a week or two. Earrings, a patch, hook and bandana are available and are inexpensive. Striped shirts are great, but not necessary. An old pair of pants can be ripped or cut at the bottom or boots can be worn with pants tucked in.
- Go as a disco dancer. Disco outfits are an easy, great look. Many items and accessories can be found at local thrift shops. This outfit can also be rented or purchased.
- Go as an ape. Gorilla costumes are common and can be purchased or rented. The outfit will keep you warmer than other costumes, so consider where the party is being held.
- Go as a convict. Another classic rental or purchased costume is a convict. The outfit can be purchased in a store, online or rented. Shackles and cuffs are usually an additional expense but add to the outfit.
- Go as a police officer. A law enforcement officer is a great costume that can be worn alone or with a buddy as the convict. Rent or purchase this outfit complete with cuffs and a badge.
- Go as a pimp. Pimp outfits can be rented or purchased both in stores and on line. The outfit is crushed purple velvet. You can add your own accessories from items you already own or can purchase jewelry to complete the look.