10 Hand Made Gift Ideas
The 10 hand made gift ideas are all very easy and inexpensive gift ideas that can be made in a short time. Whether it is a holiday, birthday or just giving a gift out of the blue, you can give anyone you know one of these hand made gifts. Below are the 10 hand made gift ideas.
- Gift Baskets. One of the many different types of hand made gift ideas are gift baskets. These baskets can be as creative as you chose to make them. Knowing the personality of the recipient can be an added plus as to what to fill the basket with. Start with a great basket, some ribbon and fill up the basket with items such as candles, soaps, different teas.
- Jars of Homemade Bath Salts. Another type of hand made gift ideas are jars of homemade bath salts. Start with different size jars and fill them up with epsom or sea salt, baking soda, natural food coloring, vegetable based glycerin and whatever aromatic scent the recipient might enjoy.
- Holiday Baked Goods. Hand made gift ideas can also include holiday baked goods. Whatever baked item made can easily be placed in a decorative container. Breads, cookies and different types of cakes can be made and frozen ahead of time and then placed in a festive container with wrapping paper.
- Cookies in a Jar. Another creative hand made gift idea are cookies in a jar. Get a cookie jar or some type of mason jar and place all of the dry ingredients that are needed for the cookie recipe in the jar. Decorate the jar with fabric and ribbon and tie the recipe on the ribbon with a piece of string.
- Homemade Biscotti. Another one of the many different types of hand made gift ideas are homemade biscotti. A great gift for a coffee lover can be easily made with biscotti preferably homemade. With a large decorative coffee mug, place the biscotti in the mug. Wrap the mug in a decorative paper with ribbon.
- Reusable Fabric Shopping Bags. Hand made gift ideas can also include reusable fabric shopping bags. For this hand made gift, all that is needed is some fabric, a pattern, and some sewing skills. One pattern can be used to make many large shopping bags that can be used for many years.
- House Blend. Other hand made gift ideas include a bag of house blend coffee. Spice up a bag of coffee with a unique flavor. Use a medium-bodied coffee such as Kenyan or Columbian and add one or two teaspoons of cinnamon or nutmeg into the freshly ground beans. Decorate the bag with a ribbon.
- Popcorn Tins. Another hand made gift idea is a popcorn tin. Purchase some popcorn tins at a home store and cut some cardboard dividers to place inside the tin. Pack two types of homemade popcorn into each side of the cardboard divider. If you want to be extra fancy, follow any type of popcorn recipe.
- Stenciled Tea Towels. Also included in hand made gift ideas are stenciled tea towels. A set of hand towels and a stenciled letter are an affectionate and very easy hand made gift to make. Place the towel on a sheet of paper with the stencil on the towel. Apply two coats of washable fabric paint with a brush. Remove the stencil and let it dry.
- Cinnamon Candles. Hand made gift ideas also include easy to make cinnamon candles. Purchase some inexpensive pillar candles of different sizes and 8 to 16 inch cinnamon sticks. Cut the cinnamon sticks to glue on the candles. Once all the cinnamon sticks are glued on the candles and dry, you can wrap up the three different sized candles and give as a gift.