If you think you are a guitar hero, then try these 10 hardest rock songs to play on guitar. These songs are guaranteed to have your fingers fumbling, but don't throw your guitar out the window. Once you have mastered even one song, you will actually have an accomplishment to brag about.
- Metallica, "Master of Puppets"- Played by Kirk Hammett, this tune is considered one of the hardest songs to play on guitar because it requires fast downpicking, constantly moving your fingers down the neck of the guitar, and mixes of power chords and single notes. Once you finally gain mastery, you may have bleeding fingers too!
- Jimi Hendrix, "Electric Ladyland"– Of course, Hendrix had to make it on this list of ten hardest rock songs to play on guitar. Some of his songs are easier learned by watching film of him playing so see what he is actually doing to make those sounds.
- Led Zeppelin, "Stairway To Heaven"- Jimmy Page made this one of the hardest rock songs to play on guitar. Every guitarist wants to master this song, but please, don't play it in the music store or the clerk may point to the "NO STAIRWAY" sign.
- Ozzy Osbourne, "Crazy Train"- Getting the rhythm to this song played by Randy Rhoads can be tricky. These riffs get this song onto the list of ten hardest rock songs to play on guitar.
- Pink Floyd, "Comfortably Numb"– A rock list isn't a list if it doesn't have a little Floyd. David Gilmour plays guitar on this song with amazing deep riffs. Perhaps this song is about how his fingers felt.
- System of a Down, "BYOB"- With guitar riffs that are difficult to play at speed, this song is definitely a hard rock song to play on guitar. With a little practice you will feel like you are in the band.
- Guns 'N Roses, "Sweet Child Of Mine"- Slash makes this tune seem like a piece of cake, but have you tried it? GNR has many songs that could be on this list of hardest rock songs to play on guitar.
- Queen, "Stone Cold Crazy"- Josh Homme plays guitar on this song by Queen from their album "Sheer Heart Attack". This song is considered one of Queen's heaviest songs ever.
- The Doors, "Spanish Caravan" – Guitarist Robbie Krieger had inspiration from a classical piece when he wrote this song. It was reported that they were sued for their " inspiration" as well. Sued or not, The Doors still make it to this list of ten hardest rock songs to play on guitar.
- Van Halen, "Eruption"- Eruption is actually a guitar solo by Eddie Van Halen that leads into the song "You Really Got Me". This riff started as a warm up exercise before a gig. Can you do better?
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
How to Turn (Almost) Every Lady’s Head
Top female stylists share their favorite men’s looks.
10 Red Flags That Kill Your Chances With Women
Wondering why that first date didn’t lead to a second? Read on.
Acting, comedy and strong spirits converge in Speakeasy. When host Russell Peters interviews entertainers about all sorts of topics, neither the drinks nor the conversation is wate …