10 Healthy Choices At Fast Food Restaurants
The idea of a top 10 healthy choices at fast food restaurants may seem like a cruel joke because fast foods and healthy foods are not exactly synonymous. However, many fast food restaurants have gone to great lengths to accommodate the health conscious. Many fast food restaurants have even changed their entire marketing scheme to appeal to those who live a busy lifestyle, but still want to eat more nutritious, high quality foods. Many of these healthier options pack a lot of flavor while still allowing for those who are budget conscious and time constrained.
- Bangkok Curry: Topping the list of the top 10 Healthy Choices at Fast Food Restaurants is the Bangkok Curry from Noodles & Company. This delicious entree is a combination of broccoli, carrots, red bell pepper, red onions, mushrooms, cabbage, and light rice noodles. The sauce is a yellow curry, which creates a sweet, coconut flavor that satisfies the palate. This is a very filling dish with the addition of all the delicious vegetables.
- Burrito Bowls: Burrito bowls from Chipotle come in a close second of the top 10 Healthy Choices at Fast Food Restaurants. Chipotle wins high marks for its use of organics, hormone- and antibiotic-free meats, and produce from local suppliers. The burrito bowl reduces calorie count by eliminating the high calorie tortilla and allowing the consumer to choose the lower calorie options, such as choosing salsas to add additional flavor instead of reaching for extra cheese or calorie-filled sour cream.
- Egg McMuffin: Following Chipotle Burrito Bowls, the third choice in the top 10 Healthy Choices at Fast Food Restaurants is McDonald's Egg McMuffin. Most people do not think of McDonald's when they think of healthy food, but the Egg McMuffin is one of the better breakfast choices among all the fast food icons. The Egg McMuffin provides a solid source of protein and carbohydrates to power through the morning.
- 6" Turkey Sandwich at Subway: The turkey sub at Subway is a cornerstone for one of the top 10 Healthy Choices at Fast Food Restaurants. Subway has gone to great lengths to help consumers choose healthier options. The menu is helpful to those who are trying to watch their fat, sodium or caloric intake, and the 6" turkey sub is a perfect way to meet the needs of a health conscious consumer.
- Chargrilled Chicken Sandwich at Chik Fil-A: Following Subway, Chik Fil-A has several options that fit in the top 10 Healthy Choices at Fast Food Restaurants. The chargrilled chicken sandwich is tasty and delicious. Some might think that grilled chicken tastes bland, but the chargrilled chicken sandwich at Chik Fil-A is flavorful and delicious.
- Fresca Menu at Taco Bell: The Fresca menu at Taco Bell contains several great options for the top 10 Healthy Choices at Fast Food Restaurants. The idea behind the menu is to replace the high fat cheese with lower calorie salsa.
- Chili at Wendys: During the winter months, a great bowl of chili is satisfying and warming, but many people just do not want to go through the aggravation of making a big pot of chili, especially if the family is relatively small. Thus, Wendy's offers a tasty and healthy option for those who love chili and seek a quick alternative.
- Grilled Chicken at KFC: The new addition of the grilled chicken has transformed the calorie-laden options at KFC. The grilled chicken breast is moist and delicious, and without the breading, it makes a great addition to the top 10 Healthy Choices at Fast Food Restaurants.
- Spaghetti with Marinara at Fazoli's: The spaghetti dish at Fazoli's is an incredible tasting Italian entree that will please the palate and the stomach. It is healthy and delicious, especially when paired with a lovely side salad.
- Ice Cream Cone at McDonalds: For a healthy dessert option, the ice cream cone at Mcdonalds is a perfect option. It is light and sweet.