10 Healthy Diet Tips To Reduce Weight
Everyone can benefit from knowing 10 healthy diet tips to reduce weight. After all, no one wants to be overweight…and no one wants to stay that way. So what are the best healthy diet tips to reduce weight?
1. Go for the marathon, not the sprint – It’s easy to find healthy diet tips to reduce weight…but the best of the bunch are the ones that will help you keep the weight off. Start by setting long-term goals for yourself, such as the weight you want to lose in three, six, and nine months. Establish what your reward will be for losing the weight at those milestones, but don’t reward yourself with food! Instead, think of getting new athletic gear, new clothes, or even a vacation!
2. Go Greek – A recent weight-loss plan comparison showed that those on a Mediterranean diet lost more weight than those on a low-fat diet and stayed on it longer. Talk about a healthy diet tip to reduce weight! The Mediterranean diet plan was high in fruits, vegetables, nuts, and whole grains, and used olive oil as the primary source of fat. So picture yourself living on the Mediterranean and live like the locals!
3. The rainbow connection – One of the best healthy diet tips to reduce weight is to aim for foods that are bright in color. This means avoiding white, processed foods like pasta and white flour. Instead, go for bright fruits and vegetables and dark whole grains and legumes.
4. Dear diary - Keeping a food diary is one of the best healthy tips for reducing weight. Write down everything you eat, as well as when you ate it, and how you felt when you ate it. This may be enlightening!
5. Watch the clock – Eating small meals every few hours is a favorite healthy diet tip to reduce weight. Start by eating breakfast at least two hours after you wake, and then eat another small meal every two to three hours. Keep the meal small and balanced. For example, have an apple with a tablespoon of peanut butter..
6. Cut the cola – Sugary colas are dangerous because they’re easy to consume, readily available, and because they’re liquid, it’s easy to forget you’re consuming calories and sugar. Even diet colas are full of chemicals, so switch to water. Too boring? Add slices of cucumber, lemon, strawberries or lime to add taste but no calories.
7. Turn off the boob tube – One of the best healthy diet tips to reduce weight is one that has nothing to do with what you’re eating – it’s about what you’re watching. Mindless eating is much easier when you’re watching television, and you may find yourself eating more and for longer. So switch off the TV and pay attention to what you’re eating…and stop eating as soon as you feel full.
8. Do the math – A great tool when it comes to losing weight is learning what portion sizes truly are. Read ingredient labels and pay attention to how many servings are in a container – and what the serving size is. Learning about serving sizes is a great healthy diet tip to reduce weight.
9. Go halfway – Not willing to give up your favorite foods? Then don’t – but be willing to compromise. Eat your favorite foods, but only dish up half of your usual portion. Then fill up the rest of your plate with healthy fruits or vegetables. You will still enjoy your favorite foods…but you’ll lose weight while you’re doing it.
10. Be accountable – Talk to your doctor about your weight loss plans, and ask to schedule a follow-up appointment few months down the road to show off your weight loss. Your doctor may have some great healthy diet tips to reduce weight of their own, and knowing you are going to be held responsible for losing the weight or explaining why you didn’t to them may just be the push you need to stick with it.