10 Healthy Dieting Ideas
Coming up with 10 healthy dieting ideas is easy but sticking to them is not. Just because your coworker eats salads, works out and lost 30 pounds does not mean you can. But life is all about change. Add some positive tweaks to your lifestyle and before you know it, you may actually start caring about your health.
- Stop driving. Any list of healthy dieting ideas should include this. Sure, as an American, this violates your sense of national pride but think about walking to the store instead of driving there. Using public transportation sucks and smells but it also forces you to walk more. That is just what you need. If your job is less than ten miles from your house, try biking there once a week. You can do it you pudgy bastard.
- Stop Starbucking. Ah, coffee. It allows us to function when we want to sleep and keeps us from killing our coworkers and children. But if you enjoy coffee mixed with chocolate, raspberry goo and ice cream, you are eating a watery sundae. Whipped cream is bad for you. Save it for the bedroom and learn to drink coffee. Yeah coffee. It tastes earthy, aromatic and does not contain fudge.
- Make your lunch. The ten healthy dieting ideas will always include lots of fresh vegetables, fruits, whole grains and protein. For five days a week eat carrot sticks, yogurt or granola bars, two apples, a turkey sandwich and some unsalted, unflavored tortilla chips. Your body will slowly adapt to the change and look forward to the energy these foods will bring.
- Vegetarians. If you are lucky enough to live a hippie free lifestyle, seek wisdom from your local Indian restaurants. If you know a hippie, eat with them at the health food store. Slipping a few vegetarian meals will change your diet, force you to eat vegetables and slowly wean your body from the five pounds of undigested Bacon Western Cheeseburgers in your colon. But watch out for chubby vegetarians. Just because Doritos are meat free does not make them healthy.
- Beer or soda. No man should have both. Pick one and stick to it.
- Water. This is one of the easiest ten healthy dieting ideas. Drink water. They say drink eight cups a day but that is for weaklings. Drink it all damn day. Not only does it keep you full, it flushes out your system and speeds your metabolism up.
- Don’t eat at night. Do not eat for at least three hours before you go to sleep. In fact, stop snacking at night when you are idle. When you wake up in the morning, you will feel hungry and alert. Believe it or not, this is how you are supposed to feel. To help achieve this lofty goal, try brushing and flossing teeth your teeth after dinner. Hopefully you will be too lazy to eat again.
- Work towards treats. It is nearly impossible for human beings to go on without treats. There are people who hate themselves so much they can do this, but no one likes them. A sane, healthy dieting idea should include working towards treats rather than omitting them. Like if you stop eating candy at work, give yourself a treat at the end of the week. Like chocolate caramel cheesecake.
- Smoke cigarettes. This is a terrible healthy dieting idea but smokers use cigarettes to fill holes in their lives. You use food. Figure out what is lacking and replace it with something positive like a walk after lunch, boxing, surfing, screwing or anything that motivates you.
- Routine. You are the deciding factor in any list of healthy dieting ideas. Obviously, you will not embrace them all. Try a few that work and incorporate your own ideas into the routine. Little things like waking up ten minutes earlier to do some abdominal crunches and pushups add up. These tiny changes can mold you into a healthier person.