10 Healthy Foods To Eat
The following 10 healthy foods to eat are the most common foodstuffs that health conscious individuals are consuming. Eating healthy foods will give you the right nutrition that you need while slowing down aging. You will never go wrong as you pursue this healthy diet and protect yourself from diseases.
- Whole Grains. This is the main source of energy of the human body and takes up the greater part of our diet according to food pyramid. Whole grains are considered a complete meal because they contain fiber, protein, carbohydrates, fats, vitamins and various minerals like iron, calcium, magnesium, potassium, copper and many others.
- Fruits and berries. This healthy food group should form a large part of the daily servings in our diet, preferably two to four servings. Fruits contain lots of vitamins, fiber and no fats. A wide rage of health benefits are found in fruits and berries such as strengthening the blood vessels, strong anti-oxidants and lowering the risk of heart disease and cancer. They are rich in vitamins, minerals, fiber, flavonoids and carotenoids to stay fit.
- Yogurt. The culture of bacteria from yogurt can prevent infection caused by yeast and it is rich in calcium that strengthens the bone. Mixing yogurt with fruit is a good way of enjoying eating a healthy food with a good taste to enjoy.
- Salmon. This fatty fish contains omega 3 fish oil, which helps reduce the risk of heart disease. Eating fish at least three times a week will improve your nerves, eyes and brain.
- Eggs and Liver. Both are equally healthy foods that should be included on your regular diet. They are high in protein, B vitamins, lecithin and choline. They also raise the level of good cholesterol in your body.
- Nuts. Raw nuts are rich in protein, minerals, essential fatty acids and vitamins B and E. The best example is almonds, which also contain potassium, fiber and calcium. Nuts are among the healthy foods with cancer fighting properties and lowering the risk of heart disease and diabetes and they lower cholesterol levels.
- Apples. The adage an apple a day keeps a doctor away is true because this fruits is packed with health benefits that can be yours if you include apples in your diet. Apples help in reducing cholesterol level and a well known anti-oxidant which fights cancer. Apples are believed to have health benefits related to conditions like asthma, diabetes and Alzheimer’s disease. Make sure to eat the organic ones to get the maximum benefits and not those varieties exposed to pesticides.
- Yogurt. Turn to a healthy snack that can help boost your immune system. Yogurt contains healthy bacteria, which improves gastrointestinal health and fight infection. It also help prevents osteoporosis, lower cholesterol and lower the risk of high-blood pressure.
- Tomatoes are rich in lycopene, which is a great antioxidant and aids prevent cancer. Tomatoes are full of health benefits and are amongst the healthy foods that you should never ignore. Tomatoes contains vitamin A, C and potassium. They decreases that possibility of developing heart disease, lowers cholesterol and improves prostate health.
- Broccoli. A cancer fighting food filled with vitamin C, calcium and folic acid. It is high in fiber and low in calories. Eat broccoli every day to have a healthy body that can put off diseases like osteoporosis and treat high blood pressure.