With basketball season in full force, you may be interested in the 10 highest paid NBA players ever. While some of these athletes may deserve their paycheck, others may soon be on the lookout for a new job.
- Michael Redd, Milwaukee Bucks–17 Million. Redd not only hasn't scored more than 22 points in an NBA game over the last season, but his team also hasn't made the playoffs for the last three years–yet somehow he still deserves seventeen million.
- Rashard Lewis, Orlando Magic–19 Million. Because of Lewis' failed drug test, he won't be able to play for the Magic for the first ten games of the season. However, he has made an important impact on the success of the Orlando Magic.
- Ray Allen, Boston Celtics–20 Million. While Allen has improved over recent seasons, he is still obviously past his prime.
- Paul Pierce, Boston Celtics–20 Million. Pierce is the highest paid of all the Celtics player–though since he is the highest scorer of the team, he may actually deserve this salary.
- Dirk Nowitzki, Dallas Mavericks–20 Million. Nowitzki is the highest paid non-American currently in the NBA. Nowitzki currently leads the NBA in most statistical categories, including points and rebounds.
- Shaquille O'Neal, Cleveland Cavaliers–20 Million. Shaq is currently in his 18th season in the NBA and is on the hunt for his fifth NBA title.
- Tim Duncan, San Antonio Spurs–22 Million. Like O'Neal, Shaq is also looking for his fifth title. However, Duncan has to make sure to keep a close watch on his health in order to ensure the success of his team.
- Jermaine O'Neal, Miami Heat–23 Million. O'Neal isn't playing in more than 70 games per season, and is averaging only thirteen points per game. Something doesn't seem right here.
- Kobe Bryant, Los Angeles Lakers–23 Million. Now that Kobe no longer is playing with Shaq, it will be interesting to see how their season turns out. Some believe that Shaq was holding Kobe down, while others think he was the glue that held the team together.
- Tracy McGrady, Houston Rockets–23 Million. Like some of the others on this list, McGrady doesn't necessarily earn his money. McGrady only played in 35 games last season, and hasn't made it past the first round in any playoff appearances.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
6 Signs She Wants You to Come Talk to Her at the Bar
These not-so-subtle hints mean legit interest—and time for action.
Do This Surprising Thing and Science Says Women Will Be All ...
No, it's not "buy a Ferrari."
10 Real-Life Heroes Who Inspired Indiana Jones
Legend has it, these guys are the real MVPs.