10 Homemade Christmas Gift Ideas
These 10 homemade Christmas gift ideas will surely enable you to make personal and original Christmas gifts for all your friends and family. There are many ways to create a homemade Christmas gift for every personality. Let’s get started!
- Convert Children Drawings Into Something Special. If you have some art made by your recipient’s child, scan it, resize it, and laminate it to make place mats, book marks, coasters, or even fridge magnets. Parents will love to have this kind of memento, which will grow in value over time. This is a charming Christmas gift idea.
- Fruit Arrangement. Christmas is the season when people usually gain weight. A nice basket, with seasonal fruit arranged by you, will be highly appreciated. Display the fruit by alternating their colors and shapes. Make sure that the fruit is not too ripe. The fruit will be ideal for a healthier breakfast, lunch, etc.
- Personal Compact Disc Music Mix. Select a variety of favorite music on a single disc for a special, personalized, Christmas gift.
- Handmade Jewelry. If you are into arts and crafts, but haven’t tried jewelry, visit your local library, and browse some books about how to make handmade jewelry. Check for tutorials on YouTube. You will find very useful tips. Try something simple. Practice before making your pieces. Once you excel, you will be proud of your homemade Christmas gifts.
- Homemade Christmas Desserts. If you have a recipe for a good dessert, make it into a Christmas gift. You can also browse some books at your local library, and select a variety of recipes from different countries.
- A terrarium. It can be big or small. You just need fishbowls or jars in attractive shapes that you can easily find at any low priced store, Add some dirt, marbles, stones, and small plants. Choose plants with different heights, leaves shapes, and colors. Cacti are excellent for terraria. Your local gardening store can offer you a good supply of small plants and advise you on how often to water them.
- Personal Secret Christmas Coffee Recipe. Make your own powdered blend by mixing coffee, cocoa powder, and spices like cinnamon, pepper, allspice, nutmeg, etc. Experiment until finding a taste you like, and bottle your Christmas gifts. Find names for your creations, and make personalized labels for them.
- Your Personal Christmas Cooking Booklet Gift. If your friends enjoy your cooking, select a few recipes, and make a booklet for them. Include cooking tips and a variety of recipes; how to make a quick breakfast, a healthy dinner, etc. You can also include some personal anecdotes about your cooking, poetry, famous food quotations, etc. Also suggest a relevant list of wines, beers, etc. to provide an extra personal touch. What about a collection of family cooking recipes?
- Plants to decorate a house or an office. Look for eye-catching containers of different materials, like glass, plastic, clay, etc. Even consider unusual possibilities, like old cooking pots.
- Arts and Crafts. Team with people with a diversity of skills, and combine your talents. Variety is the spice of life!
Posted on: Mar. 10, 2011