Showing love with these 10 homemade Valentine's Day gift ideas for girlfriend is easy when you have a creative mind. Every person has a definition of romance, gifts and love but to truly show love to someone special, think outside the proverbial box. Most women love receiving jewelry, candy or cards and flowers but other women may prefer the simple gifts and thoughts that a man has to offer.
- Picture this- Take a picture of where the first date was, buy a frame and give her that gift as a memory. Women love these little romantic gestures. Men are often stereotyped as not being thoughtful but this homemade Valentine's Day gift idea is perfect.
- Relive the past- Take her out on the first date. Go to the same restaurant, movie theater, park or wherever the date occurred. She'll appreciate the sentimental thoughts more than ever. It helps remind her why she fell in love.
- Make a book- Print off all the old emails sent, write the text messages shared and combine into a book just for her. Many women are visual romantics and seeing a romance like this will be considered the ultimate homemade Valentine's Day gift idea.
- Feed the love- Instead of going out and spending a small fortune on candy, chocolates and dinner, serve her a home-cooked meal. Make her a special meal with dessert. Let her know the love felt for her.
- Be like Hallmark- Make her a specialized card instead of buying one. Whip out the construction paper, markers, glitter and glue and get to it. Make her a one-of-a-kind card. This is one of the classic homemade Valentine's Day gift ideas.
- Give the certificates- Instead of buying a store gift certificate, make her ones that she'll appreciate more. Some suggestions are a body massage, an evening of slow dancing, an afternoon bubble bath treat or even one night off from cooking dinner.
- Write it out- Some men have creativity and great writing skills but to show someone how much love is shared, write from the heart. Write her a love poem with feelings shared. This is one of the simplest homemade Valentine's Day gift ideas to make. It's all from the heart and full of honesty.
- Give a day- Set aside one day a month just for her. Let her pick out what she wants to do that day. Whether it's going shopping, staying home reading a book or a night out with her friends. Let her have one day a month to herself.
- Buy it homemade- Some men really aren't creative and may need to turn to professionals for help. Find a person that can create the gift. It can be an afghan or blanket, a flower for her garden or even a woodcraft project personalized in her name. There's no shame in having another person make a homemade Valentine's Day gift.
- Set the mood- Romance the bedroom for an evening of passion. Be the real romantic and spread the rose petals all over the room and bed, lower the lighting and have some chilled wine ready to be poured. This is one of the most romantic homemade Valentine's Day gift ideas because everything is readily on-hand for use.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
Acting, comedy and strong spirits converge in Speakeasy. When host Paul F. Tompkins interviews entertainers—Key and Peele, Alison Brie, Rob Delaney, Zach Galifianakis—about all sor …
25 Enlightening Quotes About Being a Gentleman
What’s your definition of a perfect gent? LL Cool J, Lea Michele, Andy Samberg and friends weigh in.