10 Hot Sports Cars
These 10 hot sports cars possess amazing speed and, of course, style. These cars expend very little effort when shooting down the highway, and draw more than a few stares when they slow down enough to allow passers-by a good look.
- Porsche 911 Speedster. Revived from a 16 year hiatus, the Speedster sits lower than other Porsche cars. The car boasts Porsche’s superior suspension and torque, as well as a seven speed dual manual transmission. With only 100 headed to the U.S., and costing $204,000, this sports car may be hard to find, but is certainly well worth the search.
- Ferrari 599 GTB. Designed with comfort and appearance in mind, this car also possesses astounding speed. How does 205 mph at its fastest, or the fact that drivers can hit 60 mph in 3.7 seconds sound? This Ferrari is one of the hottest sports cars.
- BMW M6 Convertible. Ask any owner and they’ll tell you BMW has the best drive and handling of any luxury sports car. When combined with a V-10 engine, that car is one hot sports car.
- Mercedes SLS AMG. The power of an AMG can surprise even the most experienced drivers. The good looks of the SLS, of course, also cause a double-take. With a 6.3 liter, V-8 engine, this car can move, making it one desirable sports car.
- Audi R8. When Audi decided to redesign its entire line a few years ago, it didn’t skip its sports cars. The R8 comes with either a V-8 or a V-10 engine, the latter of which hits 60 mph in 3.7 seconds. The brilliantly created exterior of the R8 alone makes it one of the hottest sports cars.
- Audi TTS Roadster. The car’s max speed of 152 might be small in comparison to the other cars on this list, but it makes the car one of the more reasonable day-to-day vehicles. And since it still only takes drivers 5 seconds to hit 60 mph, there’s not much to complain about with this sports car. The Audi TTS Roadster is one of the 10 hottest sports cars.
- Porsche 911 GT2 RS. The spoiler on the back of this car should tip anyone off to its speed; with a car that can hit 60 mph in 3.4 seconds, and with a top speed of 204 mph, this car absolutely needs something to keep its rear end on the ground. Its intense speed and sleek good looks make this car one hot sports car.
- Mercedes SL550 Roadster. With a V-8 engine, this car hits 60 mph in just over 5 seconds. Still unimpressed? Consider how that speed happens automatically. When designed, moreover, the SL550 was given some of the most interesting curves in the company’s sports car offerings. The Roadster is a scorching hot sports car.
- Jaguar XKR. This sports cars V8 supercharged engine allows drivers to hit 60 mph in just over 4 seconds. Its sleek design makes it one that is almost universally eye-appealing. The XKR is one of the hottest sports cars.
- Ferrari 599 GTO. This awe-inspiring vehicle is the company’s fastest road vehicle. With a V12 engine, there’s no wondering where the car’s speed derives from. Of course, every Ferrari is also graced with startling beauty, making any of the company’s sports cars some of the hottest on the road.
Posted on: Jan. 12, 2011