Regardless of whether your visit to campus is the first of many, or a return to your alma mater, a stay at one of the 10 hotels near NYU can keep you close to where you want to be. Due to the location, many of the hotels near New York University are small, botique-type of hotels and have a limited number of rooms, so plan your stay early.
- Union Square Inn. This small botique hotel is located near New York University. Guest rooms feature modem lines and cable television. Be sure to book this hotel early, as there are only 41 rooms available. Union Square Inn: 209 E. 14th Street, New York, NY 10003. (212) 614-0500
- W New York Union Square. Within a mile of NYU, this hotel offers a restaurant, bar, business center, and 24-hour room service. Babysitting and valet laundry services are at the ready. W New York Union Square: 201 Park Ave. South, New York, NY 10003. (212) 253-9119
- Gramercy Park Hotel. This hotel features a health club, bar, and business center. The high rise features large windows overlooking Lexington Avenue and period decor. Family rooms and a restaurant are available. Gramercy Park Hotel: 2 Lexington Ave., New York, NY 10010. (212) 920-3300
- The Marcel at Gramercy. Guests at this hotel near NYU can enjoy 24-hour front desk and concierge services and complimentary newspapers. A guest lounge on the tenth floor offers free coffee with high-speed Internet access. The Marcel at Gramercy: 201 E. 24th Street, New York, NY 10011. (800) 555-7555
- Gem Hotel. Located less than one mile from NYU this new botique hotel offers concierge service and plenty of personal attention. Free bottled water, safes and flat-screen televisions are found in every room. Wireless Internet service and a turndown service are also included. Gem Hotel: 135 E. Houston Street, New York, NY 10002. (212) 358-8844
- East Houston Hotel. Only a few blocks from the SoHo district, this hotel is less than one mile from NYU. A rooftop deck and lounge overlooking Manhattan is one strong draw for visitors to this small hotel. Recently renovated, rooms offer guests luxury linens, down bedding, and marble bathrooms. East Houston Hotel: 151 E. Houston Street, New York, NY 10002. (212) 777-0012
- Hotel Giraffe. A small, but luxurious hotel near NYU, the Hotel Giraffe features elegant architecture and excellent service. Guest rooms offer Egyptian linens, minibars with both alcohol and non-alcoholic drinks, complimentary chocolates and bottle water, and high speed Internet service. A fitness and business center is available as well as free breakfast. Hotel Giraffe: 365 Park Ave. South, New York, NY 10016. (212) 685-7700
- La Semana Hotel. Less than one mile from NYU, this hotel offers guests a whirlpool and steam room. A business center and 24-hour front desk service is also available. La Semana Hotel: 25 W. 24th Street, New York, NY 10010. (212) 255-5944
- Wyndham Manhattan. Located within walking distance to NYU, this hotel is a modern high-rise building in the Chelsea neighborhood. Guest rooms include complimentary internet service and large digital televisions. A fully non-smoking facility, the Wyndham Manhattan offers a fitness and business center, restaurant, and dry cleaning services. Wyndham Manhattan: 37 W. 24th Street, New York, NY 10010. (212) 243-0800
- Comfort Inn Chelsea. Less than a mile from NYU, the Comfort Inn Chelsea offers free high-speed Internet, a valet service, cable television, and free newspapers. A tour desk is helpful to those who are not familiar to the area. Comfort Inn Chelsea: 18 W. 25th Street, New York, NY 10010. (212) 645-3990
With a large number of hotels located near NYU, travelers must often choose a hotel simply by the amenities that are offered. While some hotels offer more services, those with fewer amenities may be more budget-friendly.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
Beware These Telltale Signs Your Woman Is a Gold Digger
Now we ain’t sayin’ she is... but here are some clues.
15 Shirts Women Simply Can’t Resist—and Why
From Ts to button-downs and beyond, these must-haves will get her everlovin’ attention.
Why Your Wife May Be Unhappy in Your Marriage and How it Can...
Don't shoot the messenger. This is what science says.