10 Hotels Near Smithsonian
Whatever your budget happens to be, you won’t have difficulty finding these 10 hotels near the Smithsonian for your next trip to the nation’s capital.
- Hotel Monaco. The Hotel Monaco is a high-end boutique hotel near the Smithsonian and the Capitol Mall. The Verizon Center is directly across the street, and the National Portrait Gallery is just a few steps away. Situated in an all-marble building, the Hotel Monaco is on the National Registry of Historic Landmarks. Hotel Monaco, 700 F Street, NW, Washington, DC 20004 (202) 628-7177.
- The Willard Intercontinental Washington. The Willard is a historic luxury hotel near the Smithsonian and just two blocks away from the White House. Given the fact that its roots go back to the early 19th century, staying here means taking part in history. Locals regard the Willard's elegant facade on Pennsylvania Avenue as a local landmark. The Willard Intercontinental Washington, 1401 Pennsylvania Avenue Northwest, Washington, DC 20004 (202) 628-9100.
- Grand Hyatt Washington. The Grand Hyatt is a hotel near the Smithsonian, located in the middle of the Penn Quarter. The Washington Convention Center is just a few steps away, and there is a full business center on the premises, making the Grand Hyatt a popular place for corporate travelers to the capital. Grand Hyatt Washington, 1000 H Street Northwest, Washington, DC 20001 (202) 582-1234.
- Renaissance Washington DC Hotel. The Renaissance is another luxury hotel near the Smithsonian. It is part of the Marriott chain, situated within walking distance of the Washington Convention Center. Renaissance Washington DC Hotel, 999 9th Street Northwest, Washington, DC 20001 (202) 898-9000.
- Harrington Hotel. The Harrington is a hotel near the Smithsonian geared towards budget travelers. It is a historic hotel, having first opened its doors back in 1914, and is right down the street from Ford's Theatre, where President Lincoln was assassinated. Harrington Hotel, 436 11th St NW, Washington, DC 20004 (202) 628-8140.
- The Hay-Adams Hotel. The Hay-Adams is situated within walking distance of the Smithsonian and many other DC landmarks. The Hay-Adams Hotel, 800 16th Street Northwest, Washington, DC 20006 (202) 638-6600.
- Renaissance Mayflower Hotel. Another Washington, DC hotel in the Renaissance chain, this one located just four blocks away from the White House. Upon opening its doors in 1925, President Harry Truman christened it "the second best address in Washington," and you just might find yourself agreeing after staying a night here. Renaissance Mayflower Hotel, 1127 Connecticut Avenue Northwest, Washington DC 20036 (202) 347-3000.
- L’Enfant Plaza Hotel. L’Enfant is conveniently close to the Mall, as well as the Smithsonian. It's a quiet hotel, and its marble lobby is the perfect place for taking a breath after a heavy day of sightseeing. The rooms come with luxury style amenities, but the prices are fairly reasonable. L’Enfant Plaza Hotel, 480 Lenfant Plz SW, Washington, DC 20024-2253 (202) 554-0478.
- Washington Court Hotel. Washington Court Hotel is a boutique property located just two blocks away from the Capitol. You just might run into a political bigwig in the hotel's bar and restaurant. Washington Court Hotel, 525 New Jersey Avenue Northwest, Washington, DC 20001 (202) 628-2100.
- The W. This is one of the capital’s newest hotels, having opened its doors in 2009. You'll be impressed with the decor from the moment you walk in the lobby—a cool combination of classic luxury with contemporary swank. The W, 515 15th Street Northwest, Washington, DC 20004 (202) 661-2400.
Posted on: Apr. 06, 2010