Narrowing down a list of the 10 hottest American models is no easy task. It is a debate with no clear winner as everyone has their personal favorites. Nevertheless, 10 American models, over the course of their careers, have cemented their status as some of the best models this country has ever produced.
- Cindy Crawford– The Illinois native is arguably the most famous American model ever. During the '80s and '90s Crawford was one of the most popular supermodels in the world. She graced numerous runways, fashion campaigns and magazine covers (including "Playboy").
- Christy Turlington– Turlington is best known for the two decades she spent modeling for Calvin Klein but has also represented companies like Chanel and Maybelline. During her modeling days, the tall brunette was considered one of the most beautiful women in the world.
- Brooklyn Decker– While most models strive to be in one "Sports Illustrated" Swimsuit Issue, Decker's already been in five…and she's only 22. Most recently, Brooklyn was featured on the cover of the world famous magazine, catapulting her career to a new level. Although still very young, Decker is already one of the hottest American models ever.
- Tyra Banks– While she has ventured away from modeling in recent years, in her heyday, Banks was a hot commodity. Banks started modeling in Europe but made her breakthrough while appearing in SI and Victoria's Secret, and if you haven't seen her SI cover, you should check it out.
- Kathy Ireland– You know you're doing something right when you grace the cover of the SI swimsuit issue three times. In total, Ireland was in the magazine for 13 consecutive years.
- Rebecca Romijn– Romijn's modeling credits include Victoria's Secret, SI, "Maxim" and "FHM." While she has focused more on acting of late—most notably in "X-Men"—she will always be considered one of the hottest American models ever.
- Christie Brinkley– Equally known for her relationship with Billy Joel, Brinkley was a prominent factor in the modeling world back in the day. She was in SI three times and can now be seen on TV commercials and magazine ads.
- Marisa Miller– The California beauty has quickly supplanted herself inside the dreams of men across the country. The Victoria's Secret model was even named number one on Maxim's Hot 100 in 2008.
- Niki Taylor– Taylor's good looks have gotten her featured in numerous magazines including SI three times. She was also one of "People's" most beautiful people list in 1991.
- Molly Sims– The southern belle is a five time SI model. Sims is another who has pursued the acting trade, which only means we will have more chances to catch a glimpse of one of the hottest models in America.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
Acting, comedy and strong spirits converge in Speakeasy. When host Russell Peters interviews entertainers about all sorts of topics, neither the drinks nor the conversation is wate …
6 Signs the Beard Is Just Not Working for You
You may need to grab a razor and ditch the facial fuzz.
How to Turn (Almost) Every Lady’s Head
Top female stylists share their favorite men’s looks.