10 Hottest Black Actresses
The 10 hottest black actresses gracing Hollywood have appeared in hit television shows, Oscar winning movies and B-level spoofs. They have won Academy Awards, Independent Spirit Awards and voice cartoon characters in hit TV series. From Halle Berry to Angela Bassett, here are the ten hottest black actresses working in Hollywood.
- Halle Berry - Halle Berry got her big screen start in the Spike Lee movie “Jungle Fever” and never looked back. She was the first African American woman to win an Oscar for “Monster’s Ball,” while also appearing in blockbusters like the “X-Men” and “James Bond” franchises. Berry also appeared topless as one of the hottest black actresses in the world in “Swordfish.”
- Zoe Saldana - It is a shame that Zoe Saldana’s biggest role was as a blue skinned Na’vi in “Avatar.” Luckily, she has had a chance to impress men in her real form as one of the hottest black actresses in movies like “Star Trek” and “Death at a Funeral.”
- Meagan Good - Meagan Good started out as an extra on television shows before finally getting her first movie role in the Ice Cube hit “Friday.” She earned her first critic’s award nominations for her role as a troubled teen in “Eve’s Bayou.” Good has made a career out of starring in small roles in movies like “Stomp the Yard” and “Saw V.”
- Gabrielle Union - Gabrielle Union started her career with minor roles in teen movies before finally being regarded as one of Hollywood’s hottest black actresses in the cheerleading flick “Bring it On.” Union starred in the blockbuster “Bad Boys II” before moving to television with roles in “Ugly Betty,” “Life” and “FlashForward.”
- Thandie Newton - The British born actress began her film career in 1991. She worked her way up the ladder where she costarred in “Mission Impossible II” with Tom Cruise in 2000. She has since secured her role as one of the world’s hottest black actresses with roles in “Crash,” “W” and “2012.”
- Kerry Washington - Kerry Washington started her rise to power in 2001 with “Save the Last Dance.” After that breakout role, she appeared in Spike Lee’s 2004 film “She Hate Me.” He also appeared alongside Oscar nominated actors in both “Ray” and “Last King of Scotland.”
- Angela Bassett - Angela Bassett is proof that beauty can only improve with age. Her first role was in the 1986 film “F/X.” Since that debut, she has appeared in award winning movies like “Boyz in the Hood,” “Malcolm X” and “Waiting to Exhale.” She is married to Courtney B. Vance (“Law & Order: Criminal Intent) and the two share a production company.
- Beyonce Knowles - Beyonce Knowles is not only one of the hottest black actresses but also one of the hottest singers as well. Beyonce began her career as a singer in the band Destiny’s Child before breaking out in the comedy movie “Austin Powers in Goldmember.” She also received critical acclaim for her performance in the 2007 movie “Dreamgirls.”
- Regina Hall - Regina Hall has made a career out of starring in all four “Scary Movie” films. However, along the way she also appeared as one of the hottest black actresses in “Love & Basketball” and the classic television series “Ally McBeal.”
- Sanaa Lathan - Sanaa Lathan may not be the most known of the hottest black actresses in Hollywood, but she deserves a spot on the list. Lathan voices Donna on “The Cleveland Show” but fans can appreciate her in all her beauty in movies like “Blade,” “Brown Sugar” and “The Family that Preys.”