If you're a lover of the sports world, then you probably have your own 10 hottest female athlete list. These women span every discipline in competitive physical activity, from swimming and tennis to soccer and basketball. Best of all, you know they all have amazing bodies since they spend most of their time working out. So here you have it, the 10 hottest female athletes to date.
- Elena Dementieva. This blonde bombshell from Russia is one of the hottest female tennis players to date. She won a gold medal during the 2008 Olympic games and is currently the fifth best female tennis player in the world. She gives us more reason to believe that Russia's greatest export is hot female athletes.
- Amanda Beard. This hottie with the body is a swimmer from the United States who posed for "Playboy" back in 2007. She's also a four time Olympic champion, from the 1996, 2000, 2004, and 2008 games. Her Goddess-like body and dark hair all spell out perfection in our books.
- Elena Vesnina. Yet another glorious female tennis player from Russia. This beauty is currently ranked twenty-second in the world and is steadily climbing. While she may be no threat to the Williams sisters or Maria Sharapova, she's still one of the hottest female athletes to recently come onto the scene.
- Mia St. John. If you like your women with a bit more muscle, this one is for you. She's a professional boxer and Tae Kwon Do champion, which is a nice way of saying that she can easily break you in two. To up her hot factor, she posed on the cover of "Playboy" in 1999.
- Amy Taylor. While not so well known in the States, Ms. Taylor has great international appeal. Having played for the Australian national soccer team, she did have a short stint playing professionally in the United States. She makes this list because she posed for a nude calendar with the rest of her Aussie teammates.
- Gretchen Bleiler. This 24-year-old from Colorado is one of the hottest faces and bodies in snow boarding today. Though she only stands at 5'6", she made international headlines by winning a silver in the half pipe event at the 2006 Torino Olympics. Die-hard fans know her more for posing in skimpy outfits for "FHM" in February 2004, solidifying her as one of the hottest female athletes ever.
- Natalie Gulbis. Standing at 5'9", this statuesque beauty literally towers over her competition in the LPGA circuit. She ranked sixth on the 2005 LPGA Money List and even posed for her very own swimsuit calendar. Her green eyes and gorgeous blonde hair make her all the more irresistible.
- Petra Niemann. This German sailor was involved in an infamous German "Playboy" shoot in 2008. Along with hockey player Katharina Scholz, judo competitor Romy Tarangul, and canoeist Nicole Reinhardt, Niemann stripped it all for the famous magazine amongst a huge wave of controversy with the German people. Petra makes this list as she was easily the hottest female athlete out of the four, and she has three Olympic appearances to her name.
- Maria Sharapova. This Amazonian Russian tennis player may just be the hottest female athlete in the world. With an unbeatable tennis record and legs of legend, she's considered by many to be the face of women's professional tennis. She gained fame for being the 2004 Wimbledon champion and has earned over $14.5 million over the course of her career.
- Katarina Witt. This oldie but goodie is one of the hottest female athletes in history for the records she set off of the field. She's a record-setting figure skater who took home gold medals for the US in the 1984 and 1988 Olympic Games. She also appeared in the December 1998 issue of Playboy, her spread in the magazine caused the issue to become completely sold out in news stands and bookstores. It should be noted that the only other issue to achieve this level of success was the magazine's first issue with Marilyn Monroe.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
10 Red Flags That Kill Your Chances With Women
Wondering why that first date didn’t lead to a second? Read on.
How to Turn (Almost) Every Lady’s Head
Top female stylists share their favorite men’s looks.
Acting, comedy and strong spirits converge in Speakeasy. When host Russell Peters interviews entertainers about all sorts of topics, neither the drinks nor the conversation is wate …