If you don't think women who run track are hot, you should check out the 10 hottest track and field gold medal winners ever. Each of these women has won an Olympic gold medal in track and field, and each of them is uncommonly hot! They come from all over the world, and they each came to win!
- Tirunesh Dibaba. Dibaba is also known as the "baby-faced destroyer." She is a track and field distance runner who created a new 5,000 meter world record (14:11:15) at the Oslo Golden League 2008 meeting. Dibaba won the 10,000 meter race with a time of 29:54:66, an Olympic record. She is from Ethiopia.
- Meseret Defar. Defar is also a distance runner from Ethiopia. Defar won the gold medal in the 2004 Olympic games and a bronze in the 2008 Olympic games. She has won medals at top-tier international competitions, including Olympic and World Championship gold medals for the 5,000 meter race. She broke the world record in the event in 2006, broke it again in 2007 and held it until 2008, when fellow Ethiopian Tirunesh Dibaba beat her time.
- Gulnara Samitova-Galkina. Galkina is definitely one of the hottest track and field gold medal winners. She is Russian and was the winner of the steeplechase at the 2008 Olympic games. She was the first woman in history to run under nine minutes for the 3,000 meter steeplechase, with a time of 8:58:81. She has long blonde hair and a pierced belly button (both unusual for distance runners). She is also a national champion in the 5,000 meter race.
- Yelena Gadzhievna Isinbayeva. This hot Russian pole vaulter is a two-time Olympic gold medal winner. She won gold at the 2004 and the 2008 Olympic games. She was named Female Athlete of the Year by the IAAF three years in a row. She is said to be the greatest female pole vaulter of all time.
- Tia Hellebaut. Hellebaut is from Belgium and an Olympic gold medalist who competed at the 2008 games. This Belgian Olympic champion and athlete started out in the heptathlon, but later switched to the high jump. She holds the Belgian records for the heptathlon, (indoor) pentathlon and the high jump.
- Svetlana Masterkova. Okay, she's probably not the hottest track and field gold medal winner now, but in 1996 she was hot. In the summer Olympic games of 1996, Masterkova won the gold meal in both the 800 meter and 1,500 meter races.
- Gabriela Szabo. Szabo is the European record holder in the 3,000 meter race. She is a Romanian track and field athlete and winner of a gold medal in the 2000 summer Olympics. She also received bronze and silver medals in the 1996 summer Olympics. Szabo retired from running in 2005 because of exhaustion.
- Marie-José Pérec. This French athlete has three Olympic gold medals. She won two Olympic titles in the Atlanta games in 1996, in the 200 meter and the 400 meter races. Her 400 meter time was a record 48.25 seconds. She also won the 400 meter race in 1992 in Barcelona.
- Cathy Freeman. Freeman won the 400 meter sprint in the 2000 Olympic games. The 400 meter runners tend to be some of the hottest track and field athletes because they are not as bulky as 100 meter runners, but they are not as skinny as 10,000 meter runners. Freeman was also a silver medalist in the 1996 Olympics in the 400 meter race.
- Marion Jones. You have undoubtedly heard of this hottest track and field gold medal winner. Jones is an American sprinter who won five medals at the 2000 summer Olympic games: three gold medals and two bronze medals. Jones later forfeited her medals because of allegations of performance enhancing drugs and her involvement in the BALCO scandal.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
Acting, comedy and strong spirits converge in Speakeasy. When host Paul F. Tompkins interviews entertainers—Key and Peele, Alison Brie, Rob Delaney, Zach Galifianakis—about all sor ...
Emma Watson and Other Child Stars Who Grew Up To Be Hot
Throughout the Harry Potter film series, we've seen Emma Watson transform from a lovable child star into a burgeoning sex symbol. She's not the first actress to do so, and she cert ...
10 Things Women Expect Men to Know How To Do
To make ladies swoon or at least not cringe, you’d better be able to handle the following…