Check out this list of 10 huge mansions in America to learn about some of the biggest homes built on United States soil. Find out just how big the wealthiest Americans have dared to go and learn a little something about the architecture and style of these ten huge American mansions.
- Biltmore (Asheville, North Carolina) The Biltmore mansion is the hugest mansion in America designed by Richard Morris Hunt for the Vanderbilt family. Modeled after the castles of sixteenth century France, Biltmore has 250 rooms including 34 bedrooms, 43 bathrooms, a basement swimming pool, gym and bowling alley.
- Hearst Castle, (San Simeon, California) Like Biltmore, William Randolph Heart's estate was nothing short of magnificent. Julia Morgan was the architect of this 165-room mansion with gardens, terraces, pools and enchanted walkways.
- Arlington House (Arlington, Virginia) This American mansion was the home of Robert E. Lee. Arlington House's architect, George Hadfield, had also worked on the United States Capitol Building. With 27.9 acres of land, Arlington House was built in the style of the Greek Revival.
- Boldt Castle (Alexandria Bay, New York) Built by the proprietor of the Waldorf-Astoria Hotel, George C. Boldt, for his wife, this was one of the hugest personal homes in America. However, it was never finished by Boldt because his beloved wife died. The castle was restored in 1977 for the public.
- Elvis Presley's Graceland (Memphis, Tennessee) Located in Memphis, like many of the other huge mansions in America, Graceland is now open to the public. Furbinger and Ehrman were the architects of this Classic Revival home.
- Neverland Ranch (Santa Barbara County, California) This massive home once owned by Michael Jackson sits on 3,000 acres of amusement park rides, with a railroad and a zoo.
- The Donald Trump Palace (West Palm Beach, Florida) Yes, Trump knows how to build the big ones. This is not only a huge American mansion with eighteen bedrooms, it is located on the water in Palm Beach.
- The Ira Rennert Mansion (Sagaponack, New York) This is one big house which took five years to complete, 63 acres of land and public outcry. The self-made billionaire has built a personal home with 29 bedrooms, 39 bathrooms, two bowling alleys, an indoor theater, two tennis courts, game rooms and a basketball court.
- The Manor (Los Angeles, California) The former home of the late Aaron Spelling went on sale in 2009 for $150 million. The manor is a French chateau-style home in Los Angeles County. It comes with 56,500 square feet of living space and countless rooms, which makes it one of the hugest mansions in America.
- The Ecology House (Medina, Washington) What list of the ten hugest mansions in America would be complete without the home of one of the wealthiest men in America? Bill Gates' house is located in Medina, Washington with 50,000 square feet, eight bedrooms, 25 bathrooms, an indoor trampoline room, a library, a bowling alley and a movie theater.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
How to Turn (Almost) Every Lady’s Head
Top female stylists share their favorite men’s looks.
6 Things You Think Your Girlfriend Cares About But She Doesn...
Guys, it may be time to refocus your efforts.
10 Red Flags That Kill Your Chances With Women
Wondering why that first date didn’t lead to a second? Read on.