Whether you're eagerly climbing the corporate ladder or contemplating the purpose of your cubicle enslavment, these humorous business quotes will simultaneously make you laugh and give you plenty of fodder for light-bulb moments. Read on to learn how to deal with your working life, make sense of it or make fun and light of it since you have to work anyways.
- “When a man throws an empty cigarette package from an automobile, he is liable to a fine of $50. When a man throws a billboard across a view, he is richly rewarded.” The 32nd governor of California, Pat Brown, puts a humorous, spin on prevalent business practices in America. By throwing distracting billboards across our windshields and the bank accounts that come with it, you can afford to throw out as many cigarette packs from cars many times over.
- “I don’t want any yes-men around me. I want everyone to tell me the truth–even if it costs him his job." Samuel Goldwyn, Hollywood’s leading independent producer, is the epitome of what every businessman wants. He and many others desire maximum profit above all—moral compass not included, especially if it comes at someone else’s cost.
- "My son is now an 'entrepreneur'. That's what you're called when you don't have a job." This media mogul and CNN founder may seem to be making fun of entrepreneurs with this quote, but he is pointing out the difference between “entrepreneurs” and “successful entrepreneurs,” as he believes most don’t have the chops to run their own big business successfully.
- "Early to bed and early to rise probably indicates unskilled labor." American poet John Ciardi pokes fun at Benjamin Franklin’s quote because, quite frankly, it is outdated and doesn't have as much leverage as education or business acumen.
- "If you see a bandwagon, it’s too late." French-English billionare James Goldsmith coined this truism about the importance of calculated originality in the business world. To him and many business-minded folks, it is better than riding on the coattails of another fad or person’s success or ideas.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
Acting, comedy and strong spirits converge in Speakeasy. When host Russell Peters interviews entertainers about all sorts of topics, neither the drinks nor the conversation is wate …
Warning! 7 Lies All Women Tell Men
Prep for these fibs. Ladies will thank you, and that’s the truth.
The 7 Best Exercises to Build Arms That Turn Heads
Because who doesn’t want wicked big guns?