10 Ideas For A Fun First Date
First dates are generally viewed as a drag; but, trying one of these ten ideas for a fun first date can certainly help change your opinion. The truth is that when you are going out with someone for the first time, things can get somewhat uncomfortable. The key is to combat this by making the first date fun and exciting. By doing something more than just taking her out to a simple dinner and movie, you can spark both a conversation and a bond.
- Pack a picnic. Taking your date to the park is a great first date idea. This is a laid back environment, and can spark a comfortable conversation. So, pack a picnic, bring a kite, and uncork that wine.
- Go to the thrift store date. This idea is great only if you have the personality to match. Take her out to a series of small consignment, antique, and vintage shops. You can browse around, make jokes, laugh, and have fun. Follow it up with a drink at a local coffee shop or bar.
- Play at the arcade. Adult arcade, children’s arcade, it does not really matter. The idea is simple; play some games, laugh, and bond.
- Go to a local arts festival. First dates are often fraught with moments of silence and nervous laughter. If you take your date to an arts festival, there will always be something to talk about.
- Have a drink at a winery. Show off your sophisticated side, or lack there of. Go to a local winery, or brewery. This can be great first date because the two of you are trying new things together.
- Sing a song at karaoke. Actually, you should never attempt to sing at karaoke, especially on a first date. Still, you can go and be amused by the people who are so willing to make fools of themselves.
- Strap on some skate. Go ice-skating or roller-skating, it really does not matter. Skating is just a great excuse to hold hands, get close, and let loose.
- Go dancing. You can take her to a nightclub, or enroll in a one-time dance class. However, too successfully pull this off; you have to be wiling to make a fool of yourself.
- Ride some rides. If you really want to win her heart on a first date, then take her to a place where you can win her a giant stuffed panda. Go to an amusement park, or carnival.
- Set sail. If you own a boat this is simple, but you can also rent one for the day. Take your date out on the water. Sailboats are extremely romantic; but a speed boat, or a pontoon boat will suffice. Heck, you can even take her out on a rowboat.