Rap music is not necessarily known for being inspiring, but after looking through these 10 best inspirational rap quotes, that might all change. Rap can address a variety of different issues, and though aggression and anger is often portrayed in the music, messages of overcoming and hope are also sentiments often expressed.
- “For two years keep it real, hold back all tears, face your fears. Become a man before your time. Rap, but live out your rhymes. Let ‘em know what’s on your mind, then you’ll get your shine.” DMX preaches to all rappers to do their job well on the song "Do You."
- “Look, if you had one shot, or one opportunity to seize everything you ever wanted-one moment. Would you capture it or just let it slip?” On Eminem’s song "Lose Yourself" he gives us one of the most inspirational rap quotes when talking about taking an opportunity to take your destiny and control your life.
- “Now I could let these dream killers kill my self-esteem, or use my arrogance as the steam to power my dreams. I use it as my gas, so they say that I’m gassed. But without it Id’ be last, so I ought to laugh.” On "Last Call," Kanye West sings about using what he has to make his mark in the world.
- “So suckle with the soul, you were born to see tomorrow. If you breaking from the weight, here’s a piece that you can borrow: From now until the end we’re sole controllers of our life.” From Mystic’s song "The Life" which also featured Kam and Talib Kweli, Mystic sings about taking control of your life and pushing forward until tomorrow.
- “I don’t care about what brand you are, I’m concerned what type of man you are, what your principles and standards are.” A simple lyric from Mos Def on the song "Sunshine," extolling the virtues of a man in one of the most inspirational rap quotes written.
- “Yesterday I felt the most hated, I thought I could take it, they said I couldn’t make it. And today I’m feeling brand new. I’ve got nothing to loose, I’m about to make moves." Murs musing on being determined to make his mark in the world on the song "Yesterday & Today." The themes and drive of the song makes this one of the best inspirational rap quotes around.
- “To Everyone out there who’s a little different, I say damn a magazine, these are God’s fingerprints. You can call me ugly but can’t take nothing from me. I am what I am doctor, you ain’t gotta love me.” From Brother Ali’s song "Forest Whitiker" talking about individuality.
- “All you can do is handle it, worst thing you can do is panic. Use it to your advantage, avoid insanity, manage to conquer ever obstacle, make impossible possible. Even when winning’s illogical, losing is still far from optional.” T.I.raps about making the best of a bad situation and gives us one of the best inspirational rap quotes on the song "No Matter What."
- “Go hard today. Can’t worry about the past, ‘cause that was yesterday. I’ma put it on tonight, ‘cause it’s my time.” Fabolous brings us one of the most inspirations rap quotes on the song "It’s My Time" featuring Jeremiah.
- “When you open up your mouth, everything of God comes out and it commands attention, it commands change. I’m talking about the power that’s inside of you." This song "Freedom of Preach" by Ludacris talks about the power of words and is one of the most inspirational rap quotes written.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
Acting, comedy and strong spirits converge in Speakeasy. When host Paul F. Tompkins interviews entertainers—Key and Peele, Alison Brie, Rob Delaney, Zach Galifianakis—about all sor …
10 Things Women Expect Men to Know How To Do
To make ladies swoon or at least not cringe, you’d better be able to handle the following…
We all love fine food—and the people who make it! Eats introduces you to those folks, taking you into the kitchens of all kinds of culinary luminaries. From BBQ to vegan, eco-frien …