Need to know 10 interesting facts about Lady Gaga? Lady Gaga, recording artist and fashionista, is everywhere. She is most well-known for her crazy outfits and catchy dance-pop, but here are some things you may not know about Gaga.
- Lady Gaga taught herself how to play piano by ear when she was four years old. She is a classically-trained pianist.
- Gaga attended the Tisch School of the Arts at New York University. She was one of twenty people to gain early admission.
- Her birth name is Stefani Joanne Angelina Germanotta. She got the name "Lady Gaga" from her manager, as a reference to a Queen song called "Radio Ga Ga."
- Lady Gaga—rather, Stefani—appeared on the MTV reality show "Boiling Points" in 2005, with normal clothing and as a brunette! She was unable to keep her cool, and failed to win $100.
- Gaga also appeared on a 2008 episode of "The Hills." Before a performance, her broken cat-suit zipper was fixed by Whitney Port and Lauren Conrad.
- Even in 2006, Lady Gaga was performing in New York City clubs with the Stefani Germanotta Band, or SGBand. Video footage shows her wearing a normal shirt and pants!
- Gaga attended the same private Manhattan high school as Nicky and Paris Hilton. She has stated in interviews that she only knew the girls to pass them in the halls.
- She was originally hired by a record label to write songs for other artists. She now writes her own music, and also produces many of her own songs.
- Lady Gaga dropped out of NYU. After leaving school, she performed in burlesque shows on the Lower East Side of New York.
- According to an interview with "Rolling Stone," Gaga goes pants-less so that her nearly-blind grandmother will be able to see her when she is on television. Lady Gaga is quoted as saying that her grandmother is able to make out "lighter parts" of her. She said, "I'll continue to wear no pants, even on television, so that my grandma can see me."
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
Acting, comedy and strong spirits converge in Speakeasy. When host Paul F. Tompkins interviews entertainers—Key and Peele, Alison Brie, Rob Delaney, Zach Galifianakis—about all sor …
10 Things Women Expect Men to Know How To Do
To make ladies swoon or at least not cringe, you’d better be able to handle the following…
25 Rules of Style Every Man Should Follow
Wear by them.