Looking for 10 Jewish dating tips? Dating can be very challenging, regardless of what religion you follow. Here are 10 Jewish dating tips that you will want to take into consideration.
- Remember that dating is not for recreation. The only time Jewish people make the decision to date is when they are looking for a suitable partner. If you feel that you are incompatible with someone, it may be time to move on in hopes of finding a more suitable match.
- Really get to know the person. This is the most important Jewish dating tip. Until you have an understanding of the other person’s interests and values, there’s no way you will be able to know for sure if it will work out or not.
- Avoid physical temptations. If you value your religion, then you already know that sex before marriage is not deemed acceptable. You will also be able to get to know the person better if you avoid an intimate relationship.
- Consider going on group dates. Traditional Jewish dating does not allow young men and women to go on un-chaperoned dates, but group dates are common nowadays. By following this Jewish dating tip, you can also avoid physical temptations.
- Determine other ways to meet people. Your parents may have a friend with a child your age who is suitable for you to date. Also keep in mind that there are Jewish dating websites which can be useful.
- Stay true to who you are. This is an important Jewish dating tip, as your religion would not suggest that you lie or brag about who you are.
- Get the approval of your parents. Family plays a very important role in dating. This is one Jewish dating tip that is important for anyone, regardless of how traditional or modern they are in terms of dating.
- Bring your date to your synagogue, and then visit hers. It is important to introduce the person you are dating to the members of your religious community. Keep in mind that it can also be ideal to meet someone who goes to your synagogue.
- Decide if you want to date anyone who isn’t Jewish. This is an important Jewish dating tip. Dating outside of your religion may mean finding someone who will later convert, or in some cases, it may mean converting to another religion yourself.
- Remember that Jewish dating is different today. Although there are many traditional dating rules, most people have adapted to modern cultural dating. It is important to take your own values into consideration before you begin dating.
These are just 10 Jewish dating tips and rules that you should be aware of. By following these tips, it is likely that you will increase the chances of a relationship working out. In the meantime, you will also be able to stay faithful to Judaism.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
Acting, comedy and strong spirits converge in Speakeasy. When host Paul F. Tompkins interviews entertainers—Key and Peele, Alison Brie, Rob Delaney, Zach Galifianakis—about all sor …
21 Fantastic Facts About Ronda Rousey
This trivia’s like her fights: quick and jarring.
21 Hairstyles Women Love
Female experts reveal the ’dos that drive them wild.