10 Jobs For High School Graduates
After graduation, it is helpful to know 10 jobs for high school graduates, so that you can find the perfect summer or full time job. When doing your job search, check out the jobs listed to help you narrow down your job search.
- Cashier. Being a cashier is a great way to build up a resume and put some extra cash in any graduate's pocket. Learning the ropes of being a cashier, whether it's in retail or a restaurant, is relatively easy to do.
Server. There's no better experience for a graduate than learning how to wait tables. Plus, the tips don't make it a half bad job either.
Sales. Whether it's inside or outside sales, entry level sales jobs are a great way to break into the business world. Just because you don't have a college degree under your belt, doesn't mean you can't land a sales job as a high school graduate.
Stocking. Stocking shelves is a job that can usually be done on your own schedule. The flexibility is great if you have college courses or just need flexible hours.
- Lifeguard. While you will need the proper training, being a lifeguard is a great way to spend the summer. While most life guarding positions are seasonal, there are certain facilities that need lifeguards year round. This is the perfect job for graduates that are preparing to go to college since it is usually a seasonal type job.
- Babysitting. Babysitting is a great way to make money before and after graduating high school. If you plan to make this type of work your full time gig, you can always think about becoming a nanny. However, it is also a great job if you are leaving for college, since you'll probably have parents wanting you to baby sit on your college breaks.
Animal sitting. Watching and caring for animals is another great way job for college graduates. You can offer services from walking dogs, to offering to feed animals while others are on vacation.
- Temp work. If you don't know what type of job you are looking for as a high school graduate, you can always do temp work. While it may not be permanent, it could always lead to something down the road.
Camp counselor. While this may just be good for a summer job to fill in until you go to college, being a camp counselor is a great job for high school graduates. You get to work with kids, have fun and get paid for it.
- Golf course. Working at a golf course is a great job for high school graduates. Whether you are a caddy or a ranger, it is a great job for any graduate.
Posted on: Sep. 26, 2010