10 Jogging Training Tips
Looking for some 10 jogging training tips to really kick-start your jogging training? An effective jogging program requires preparation, action, and most important of all, commitment. Developing a program and sticking with it is not easy, but with benefits that include decreased body fat and lower cholesterol levels, the rewards easily outweigh any work involved.
- Getting the gear. It is very important that runners have proper attire. You can skimp on the clothing but proper footwear is a must. Select a pair of running shoes that are comfortable and provide excellent support in the heel and midsole.
- Selecting a location that won't bore you to tears. One of the first decisions in developing a jogging training program is finding a good location to jog. Some people prefer running on a treadmill to watch their favorite television show, while others enjoy exercising at the local park. The key is to find a spot that will stimulate you instead of forcing you to sneak glances at a stopwatch every fifteen seconds.
- Find a partner. Joggers who find partners tend to continue with their jogging training much longer than those who go solo.
- Ease into it. You may win a marathon some day, but not today. Start slow, pick a set total time and begin jogging; don't hesitate to stop and take a breather. By sparing your body today, you will be able to run tomorrow instead of laying in bed complaining of muscle soreness.
- Follow the program. It is important that you always try to stick to your training schedule. One missed run can lead to a weakened resolve and a failed program.
- Vary the setting. Doing your jogging training in a new environment can be enjoyable and invigorating, which often leads to better workouts.
- Change the training parameters. Tired of running for the same distance or set time every day? Change it. Try increasing speed or distance, but not both at the same time.
- Plan your training. Always have a set plan as to how you will progress over time. Add distance or decrease set time in order to get fitter as you complete the program.
- Exceed your expectations. Always try to do better than you had planned. A few more steps is all it takes to break a personal record every time you lace up your running shoes.
- Have fun. The single most effective way to ensure that you will continue with the program and become a better runner is to try and enjoy your jogging training,