Paying attention to the 10 Kobe Bryant quotes on hard work can be an excellent source of inspiration, no matter what your game in life is. As one of the most exciting NBA basketball players since Michael Jordan, Kobe Bryant's quotes on hard work offer some interesting insight into his basketball ability and his outlook on life.
- "The motivation for me is just the game itself, just playing the game the right way and trying to win, compete every time I step out there on the floor." It is difficult to remain inspired and put hard work into something unless you love it. Kobe Bryant's quote illustrates this point, allowing his love and respect for basketball to push him towards greatness.
- "You always have to be on edge. You always have to take every practice, every game, like it is your last." Kobe clearly doesn't take his opportunity to play in the NBA for granted. He realizes that without hard work and dedication he can just as easily become washed up in basketball.
- "I'm playing against great players, playing against the best in the world. The competition, that's what I've always wanted." If Kobe Bryant had no interest in putting forth hard work than he would be comfortable playing amateur players in minor leagues. This quote personifies Kobe Bryant's desire to be challenged, and also his respect for the greatness in others.
- "What I'm doing right now, I'm chasing perfection." As impossible as it is to ever be perfect, that should never stop a person from wanting to become as close to perfect as possible. Kobe Bryant's hard work ethic comes across crystal clear through this quote.
- "You can say we're young, we have guys hurt, but we just have man up and be ready to play every night.” Excuses will never get the job done, they will just provide a person with a weak reason for avoiding hard work. Kobe Bryant knows this, and is willing to except the good with the bad and push towards a brighter future.
- “I try to show my daughter that you have to compete at everything. You can't back down. I want my kids to understand that so when somebody puts an obstacle in front of you and say you can't do something, you don't back down.” Kobe Bryant not only practices what he preaches, but he raises his daughter to know the importance of hard work as well. As the old cliche goes, you only fail when you give up.
- “It's about getting the W's (wins) and nothing else. I can't let what people think or say about me bother me.” How great a person is in many industries is a subjective matter of opinion. At least in basketball you have your statistics to prove your worth which fortunately for Kobe is more important to him than the gossip people may spread about him.
- “I'm just achy. You've got to push through it. My teammates talked about doing a better job trying to pick me up sometimes and not having me shoulder the whole load all the time.” Kobe Bryant has been the focal point of the Los Angeles Lakers for quite some time. Kobe is willing to bare this burden to win, yet he takes comfort in knowing that his players have the desire to step up and work hard to support the team as well.
- “It's just about the journey, enjoying the journey, and the accomplishments and achievements that we have along the way just makes the journey that much more exciting.” Kobe truly loves basketball, and the road that it has taken his life through. We all can apply this quote to our own lives to enjoy and appreciate every moment.
- “Whoever we play, it's going to be tough because it's two great teams. We just have to make sure we do our homework and go out there and try to execute.” Kobe doesn't fear hard work and faces challengers head on with preparation. He shows how important it is to not take your competition for granted.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
Acting, comedy and strong spirits converge in Speakeasy. When host Russell Peters interviews entertainers about all sorts of topics, neither the drinks nor the conversation is wate …
The 7 Best Exercises to Build Arms That Turn Heads
Because who doesn’t want wicked big guns?
Warning! 7 Lies All Women Tell Men
Prep for these fibs. Ladies will thank you, and that’s the truth.