The ten largest college football stadiums are spread all over the country, where they allow tens of thousands of fans to come to spectate on game day. Many of them are absolutely remarkable structures, and watching games from them is always a treat. Following are the ten largest college football stadiums in the country.
- Michigan. The Big House (Michigan Stadium) is the largest college football stadium in the country, and it is also larger than any NFL stadiums. Located in Ann Arbor, Michigan, its official capacity is nearly 110,00, but when loaded with commentators, marching bands, cheer squads, and teams and staff, it holds close to 120,000 people.
- Penn State. Beaver Stadium, in State College, Pennsylvania, holds over 107,000 fans, making it the second largest college football stadium.
- Tennessee. Neyland Stadium in Knoxville holds over 102,000 fans who come to watch the Volunteers and their rival team during matches.
- Ohio State. Ohio Stadium (the Horseshoe) also fits over 102,000 fans for each game. It is always packed when rival Michigan comes to town.
- Alabama. Bryant-Denny Stadium fits nearly 102,000 fans when spectators watch Crimson Tide games in Tuscaloosa.
- Texas. UT's Darrell K. Royal Stadium holds just over 100,000 spectators on game day in Austin when the Longhorns take the field to play in the Big 12 Conference.
- USC. The LA Coliseum, where the Southern California Trojans play, holds over 93,000 fans when they show up to watch Pac 10 play.
- Georgia. Sanford Stadium in Athens, GA, the home of the Bulldogs, holds nearly 93,000 fans for each game, making it the second largest (after Alabama) in the SEC.
- UCLA. The Rose Bowl Stadium, home of the UCLA Bruins fits in about 92,500 fans for home games when they show up to watch.
- LSU. Louisiana State's Tiger Stadium holds about 92,400 fans when they come to watch the Tigers play in Baton Rouge.
The above fields are the largest college football stadiums. For a great game experience, actually attending any of these will provide memories for years to come.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
6 Signs She Wants You to Come Talk to Her at the Bar
These not-so-subtle hints mean legit interest—and time for action.
The 7 Best Exercises to Build Arms That Turn Heads
Because who doesn’t want wicked big guns?
How to Turn (Almost) Every Lady’s Head
Top female stylists share their favorite men’s looks.