10 Long Distance Relationship Tips
Long distance relationships can be pretty tricky at times, but these 10 long distance relationship tips should help your relationship with your significant other grow, even when you two cannot see each other. These long distance relationship tips will help your relationship flourish, even with dozens, hundreds or thousands of miles between you. Check out these 10 tips if you want to keep your long distance relationship alive.
- Communicate often. Communication is one of the key factors to making relationships work, and since you and your partner cannot see each other as much as you could if you lived nearby, communication is even more important. So, communicate often with each other to keep the romance alive, even when miles and miles away from each other.
- Enjoy time with your friends. When in a relationship, many people want to spend as much time as they can with their significant other, but of course, you often can't see your partner as much as you'd like. However, this gives you plenty of opportunities to keep busy and have fun with your friends. While communication with your long distance partner is important, it's just as important to enjoy your time with others.
- Share inside jokes. One of the best long distance relationship tips is to share inside jokes. Inside jokes help to make you and your partner feel closer, even with so much distance between the two of you.
- Communicate in a variety of ways. By communicating in a variety of ways, you keep the relationship exciting and fresh. Surprise your partner with a romantic letter in the mail or a random email of something that makes you think of her. This is an especially exciting way to communicate with your long distance partner when you typically only talk through phone conversations and text messages. It keeps the intrigue and excitement alive.
- Talk about your feelings. Another very important long distance relationship tip is to make sure the two of you communicate about your feelings, whether positive or negative. It's important to talk about your feelings and know that your partner is there to support you.
- Try to spend big occasions together. Whether it's a birthday, anniversary, holiday or other special event, try to spend that special occasion with your partner whenever possible. Even if it's an occasion with plenty of other people around, just knowing that your significant other is there with you will make you happier.
- Keep the trust. Making sure you and your partner trust one another is one of the most important things you can do to maintain a long distance relationship. It may be harder to trust your partner in a long distance relationship, so make sure you keep in tune with each other's lives, because the basis of any relationship is trust.
- Enjoy your hobbies. Of course, it's always important to have a life of your own. Another way you can keep yourself busy, and happy too, is to enjoy a hobby, whether it be a sport, instrument, art or anything else that you enjoy on your own or with friends.
- Have distance dates. You can still have dates, in a way, when the two of you are apart. For example, you can enjoy your favorite TV show or a film you both were interested in at the same time, and then afterwards talk about your opinions. This is a great way to enjoy something together, even when you and your significant other cannot be physically together.
- Surprise each other! This is one of the most fun long distance relationship tips. Surprise your long distance boyfriend or girlfriend with a gift in the mail, like a T-shirt featuring her favorite band, a batch of her favorite home-made cookies or even tickets to an event you know she would love. Surprising your significant other is a great way to remind her just why she fell for you in the first place!