10 Love Relationship Tips
These ten love relationship tips will help you to know if you’ve found the one. Being realistic about a love relationship can be tricky because the first few months of a relationship can be heady and dream-like and may that euphoria doesn’t last if the love relationship becomes long term. Here are some tips for looking more deeply at a relationship.
- Under the surface. During a courtship grand gestures and putting your best foot forward add to the romance. But look beyond those gestures to the smaller things. Look to see if she is a good listener. Does she seem genuinely interested in your life?
- Time. Ask yourself if the person seems willing to spend time with you without her friends and family. Does she respect the time you need to be alone or spend time with other people?
- Arguments. During an argument is there still a spirit of good will, or do things get nasty? Respect is important in a love relationship, even during a disagreement.
- Acceptance. Is the other person is always try to change you; your clothes, your food choices, even your friends? Introducing you to new things is good but implying that you are not acceptable the way you are is a cause for concern about control issues or dissatisfaction in the relationship.
- Look at other relationships. How does she treat her friends and her family? Even the way she treats a beggar at the subway or a waiter is clue to her character. Find out about her past relationships. Does she blame everything on her ex or did she learn something from her mistakes?
- Attention. Look at the extent to which she will go to be noticed. Does she have to be the center of every conversation? Is always fishing for a compliment? Someone who is insecure or self-absorbed can be a drain on their partner in a love relationship.
- Maturity. When looking for someone mature it doesn’t mean that they can’t be playful or spontaneous. Look at how she keeps her home, how she views her work or studies. Even how she deals with problems or disappointments are clues to her maturity level.
- Your best. Does this person make you feel good about yourself? Examine whether you find yourself often giving in or apologizing for your personality traits. Being in a love relationship with someone who appreciates you and accepts you is much easier than hiding who you really are.
- Money. Although when dating money is less of an issue when the relationship progresses it can become a major conflict. Does her spending style match yours? Look at whether she is responsible with money. Does she spend too much or is she miserly?
- Goals. If your goal is to live a hermit like existence in a log cabin and forage for your own food and hers is to like a glamorous lifestyle in the city then you may be setting yourself up for conflicts. If a love relationship is getting serious, then you should talk about your individual plans for the future.