10 Love Songs For Wedding
Weddings are about celebrating the love and commitment of the happy couple, and these top 10 love songs for a wedding are the perfect way to do just that.
- "At Last" - This song by Etta James is a classic wedding tune and with good reason. The heartfelt lyrics and James' soulful voice easily make it one of the top love songs for a wedding.
- "I Cross My Heart" - Country fans will recognize this George Straight song from the movie Pure Country. No need to put on your cowboy boots for this dance, though. The simple, honest lyrics make it perfect for slow dancing.
- "Can't Help Falling In Love With You" - Play an Elvis Presley song at your wedding and you'll see all generations making their way to the dance floor. Elvis' signature voice makes this a classic love song for a wedding.
- "I Got You Babe" - No all love songs have to be slow. This up tempo number by Sonny & Cher breaks love down to simple togetherness. Sure, it's a bit cheesy and everybody knows it, but you just can't help singing along.
- "The Way You Look Tonight" - The timelessness of Tony Bennett helps to make this song one of the top love songs for a wedding. Bennett's jazz-inspired voice and the song's soft melody make it perfect for that special wedding dance.
- "Bless The Broken Road" If Rascal Flatts was looking to crack into the wedding song market, they definitely accomplished it with this song. The lyrics detail the obstacles people have to overcome to find their beloved. This song is perfect for a second wedding or for couples who triumphed over adversity on their way to the altar.
- "When You Say Nothing At All" - The great thing about this song is that it has been recorded by many many different artists in various genres, from Allison Kraus to Ronan Keating, so you're sure to find a recording that suits your tastes. This flexibility makes it one of the top loves songs for a wedding.
- "Let's Get It On" - Ok, so this song may not be appropriate for a conservative or ultra-traditional wedding. That being said, if you're looking for a sexy slow jam to spice things up, you'll find no better than Marvin Gaye's signature song.
- "Underneath It All" - If you're looking to step away from the classics, consider this No Doubt Song. It's a little faster-paced than your typical love song but the straightforward lyrics still get the love across.
- "Last Dance" - Eventually, the party has to come to an end but you want to send your wedding guests home on a high note. Consider this fun Donna Summer song as conclusion to your reception. It's sassy, upbeat and sure to leave everyone with a smile.
Posted on: Jan. 08, 2011