If you want to show someone how much you care, you're going to need these 10 love tattoo ideas. What better way to commemorate your affection for someone than to permanently affix an image of them or your love on your body. Of course, since tattoos cannot be erased without costing a lot of money, you're going to need to think about what you're going to do before you get the ink. On that note, consider these love tattoo ideas.
- Animals If you feel your lover is the embodiment of a certain animal, that is a great love tattoo idea. Whether your significant other is a unicorn or a tigress, there's a verifiable menagerie available for your choosing. If you can't think of anything, doves are always a popular option.
- Flowers A little lady-like, but definitely one of the best love tattoo ideas. Much like getting a bouquet of roses from your sweetheart, except that this bouquet is permanently attached to your skin. It might not smell as sweet, but it's definitely something to remember.
- The Person's Name It might sound a little cliche, but inking the person's name on your body is a fantastic love tattoo idea. What better way to signify your love than to have that person's identity on your person at all times. Just make sure to spell it correctly since you can never take this one back.
- The Word "Love" Yes, what better love tattoo idea is there than the word itself? If you're feeling artsy, you could mix it up by putting the word in various languages. Either way, you cannot get any more romantic than this.
- The Person's Visage It might seem a little creepy, but putting an image of your beloved on your skin is a great love tattoo idea. It might be best to put this one on an area normally covered by clothing so you don't display it in any professional setting. If you're okay with that, by all means, go for it.
- Religious Iconography If the two of you are united in your faith, consider getting some religious symbols tattooed on your body. Considering that many people get images of Christ, the Cross or other such images put onto their skin, the idea will be innocuous to everyone but the two of you. This, in itself, makes the idea absurdly romantic.
- Song Lyrics If there is a particular tune that means a lot to the two of you, getting lyrics on your body is one of the best love tattoo ideas out there. What finer way to commemorate your special memories than to mark yourself with the lyrics to your favorite song? This one might take up a lot of space, so save it for the back or maybe thigh.
- The Person's Birthday Much like putting your lover's face on your body, getting their birthday in ink is one of the most romantic ideas out there. It can be the exact moment of birth, a series of numbers—as long as you know what it means. For an added sense of romanticism, get you birthday tattooed right next to theirs.
- Hearts One of the most significant images in the entire spectrum of love, tattooing a heart onto yourself is a great way to show you care. For an ironic twist on the idea, you can get a human heart on your body in lieu of the more cartoon-ish image. Either way, here is your chance to wear your heart on your shoulder, literally.
- A Significant Location Maybe you met in Hong Kong or honeymooned in Paris. Your lover might be from Dublin or maybe you were born in Los Angeles. One of the best ways to commemorate your union is to get a tattoo of a location significant to the both of you. If you're opting for locations of birth, it'd be best if you got coordinating tattoos of the other person's birthplace.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
How to Turn (Almost) Every Lady’s Head
Top female stylists share their favorite men’s looks.
Acting, comedy and strong spirits converge in Speakeasy. When host Russell Peters interviews entertainers about all sorts of topics, neither the drinks nor the conversation is wate …
10 Times Women Find You Incredibly Sexy
Roll up your sleeves and get to reading, gentlemen.