If you want to live healthy and lose weight, then you must know these 10 low carb foods to eat. Forget all the tasty and filling junk food! They can jeopardize your health in the long run.
- Almonds. The first low carb food to eat is almonds. Almonds can promote weight loss, reduce cholesterol, and fight heart diseases. They are very rich in vitamin E, zinc, iron, magnesium, potassium, and fiber. Moderation intake is advised as they are high in fat and calories.
- Bell Peppers. The second low carb food to eat is bell peppers. Bell peppers can fight cancer, lower the risks of heart diseases, and remove toxins. They come with a great source of folic acid, vitamin C, vitamin B, thiamine, beta carotene, and antioxidants.
- Broccoli. The third low carb food to eat is broccoli. Broccoli comes with a great amount of vitamin C, potassium, folic acid, and fiber. It can fight cataracts, colds, and high blood pressures. Also, it can reduce cholesterol, regulate gastrointestinal tract, and prevent these diseases such as cancer, Alzheimer, diabetes, and arthritis.
- Extra Virgin Olive Oil. The fourth low carb food to eat is extra virgin olive oil. It contains a great source monounsaturated fatty acids and antioxidants, but it is high in calories. Use it moderately can reduce bad cholesterol, increase good cholesterol, keep gallbladder healthy, and protect against colon cancer.
- Blueberries. The fifth low carb food to eat is blueberries. Blueberries are very rich in antioxidants; while they have vitamin C, vitamin E, B complex, anthocynin, copper, zinc, selenium, iron, and more. Evidently, they can help boost your immune system, remove toxins, and reduce these problems such as aging effects, belly fat, along with the risk of cardiovascular disease.
- Grapes. The sixth low carb food to eat is grapes. Besides blueberries, grapes are also very rich in antioxidants. They come with vitamin A, vitamin C, vitamin B, calcium, phosphorous, and protein. Not only can they give you a great boost of energy, they can help fight rheumatism, liver problems, gout, constipation, and formation of blood clot.
- Strawberries. The seventh low carb food to eat is strawberries. Just like blueberries, strawberries provide plenty of antioxidants with vitamin C. They can boost your immune system, and fight cell-damaging free radicals.
- Tomatoes. The eighth low carb food to eat is tomatoes. Tomatoes contain an excellent source of lycopene, vitamin C, iron, and potassium. They can fight different types of cancer and lung diseases effectively.
- Spinach The ninth low carb food to eat is spinach. Spinach contains a great amount of vitamins and minerals. Undoubtedly, it has plenty of antioxidant beta-carotene, lutein, zeaxanthin, folate, calcium, folic acid, vitamin K, vitamin C, fiber, and iron. It can fight cancer, protect eyes against macular degeneration, help strengthen bones, and also protect age-related memory loss.
- Whole Grains. The last low carb food to eat is whole grains. Comparing to other fruits and vegetables, whole grains have an even better source of phytochemicals and antioxidants. In fact, they have iron, fiber, magnesium, B vitamins, and vitamin E. They surely can help reduce heart disease, high cholesterol, and high blood pressure, and also help regulate blood sugar.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
Acting, comedy and strong spirits converge in Speakeasy. When host Paul F. Tompkins interviews entertainers—Key and Peele, Alison Brie, Rob Delaney, Zach Galifianakis—about all sor …
Made Man Food Shows
We all love great food—and the people who make it! Our culinary video series introduces you to the country's best chefs and experts, so you can become one yourself. Pull up a chair …
How to Turn (Almost) Every Lady’s Head
Top female stylists share their favorite men’s looks.