10 Marriage Proposal Ideas
Below are 10 marriage proposals ideas that will have you thinking outside of the box and her saying ‘Yes!’ in no time. Women want to feel special, they want to know that you understand them, and they want to be impressed.
- Scavenger Hunt Take the initiative and create a fun scavenger hunt that details all the good times of your relationship. Lead her to the place you two met, her favorite restaurant, and then back home. She’ll have fun and will appreciate the effort that is put into this proposal. She’ll be sure to brag to her friends and you’ll be proud of the work you did.
- Shoot a Documentary Create a documentary about your relationship. Get opinions from her family and friends and film your reasons why she is the perfect girl for you. Host a special screening for just the two of you and be waiting with your ring.
- Pet Proposal As it happened in “Meet the Parents” tie a ring to the collar of her pet and call it to come inside. When she sees the ring, break out into your proposal speech. This is a great proposal for the pet lovers!
- A Family Affair If your girl is big into family, then this idea may be the one for you. Get her parents approval, go with her to a large family gathering and make her feel like the most special woman in the room, whether you take her aside in private or publicly ask her.
- Picture Perfect Present your girl with a nice engraved frame (something that tells her how much you love her) and your favorite picture of you two. Put a note inside the frame with the words ‘Will you marry me?’ make it obvious that something is behind the photo and watch her open it up.
- I'm gone...or am I? Tell your partner you’re going out of town for a business trip. Make this a big deal, act it out nicely. She’ll be sad to see you go and most likely will be lonely for the time you’re gone. Wait for her to come home one day, maybe with a bouquet of her favorite roses, and of course your engagement ring.
- Translator Please This is a great idea for the couple on a budget. Write a poem or even just the words ‘Will you marry me?’ on a piece of paper in a language you know your partner doesn’t understand. Buy her a translation dictionary to go with and be ready with your heartfelt speech when she decodes your special message.
- The Book Worm Does your girl like to read? Try buying her favorite book, maybe a special edition or a signed copy (though this may be hard to obtain). Cut out a square, large enough to fit a ring box, in the middle of the book and place it inside. Give the book to your future fiancée and watch the tears flow.
Web Proposal As we move into a technologically advanced generation, more and more couples are meeting on the internet. Why not learn some HTML skills? Create a fabulous web site, detailing all the things she loves and all the things you love about her. Give her special login information and post a picture of your ring on the web site.
Let her have the site information and the login in codes and the rest is history!
The Dinner Date Yes, the dinner proposal is an all time classic but let’s spice it up a little bit! Instead of taking her to a restaurant, why not bring the restaurant home? Hire a chef and maybe a waiter or too (these can even be family and friends), have her favorite meal cooked, her favorite songs on.
Posted on: Feb. 23, 2010