If the crisper air has you thinking about adding new pieces of warm clothing for the season, then these 10 men’s fashion tips for fall are straight from the runways. Get fall started in style by adding a few or all of these must-have pieces to your existing fall clothes for a fresh and updated wardrobe. If the budget insists that you start small, then add a couple of fabulous print sweaters and a solid chunky scarf to start the fall season. A handsome pull-over sweater can be worn with dress slacks, jeans or khakis and can be a fashion update without breaking the bank .
- Combat style boots are the definite new shoes for fall. These boots will replace yesterday’s hot hiking boot with a nod to the men and women serving our country. The color is not so important as the chunky lace-up style.
- Alpine or Fair Isle style sweaters are back in a big way. But these are not the tacky large print sweaters of years ago. The prints of these pullover sweaters are subtle and will carry you fashionably from fall through winter.
- If you buy one new coat this fall, make it a double-breasted one. This coat that will show just how fashion savvy you are and it will be slim and above the knee. Double-breasted coats have the bonus of being extra warm when buttoned.
- Buy yourself a good quality vest for a fashionable fall look that will go with almost anything. A textural and rugged fabric such as tweed or moleskin is perfect for the cool fall weather. It can be worn with jeans or with a shirt and tie.
- Are you in the market for a new suit? Plaid is back in suits but with a more subtle approach. The plaid that’s so fashionable for fall is a shadow plaid that’s so nonchalant that it’s almost a solid.
- Buy anything in tweed fabric to update your fall wardrobe. It doesn’t matter if it’s a tweed vest, coat or a suit. This woven wool fabric is a classic on any type of clothing.
- Bulky knit sweaters and scarves are fashionable this fall. Those chunky sweaters and scarves serve double duty to keep you warm and looking updated on chilly fall nights. Buy one in fall's hottest colors for double appeal
- Colors to look for in fashions this fall are camel, purple and orange. Camel is especially hot, so if you see a great blazer in camel color, grab it and know you will look your best no matter where you go.
- If there is one affordable fashion tip for fall, it’s a turtleneck shirt or sweater. It can be one of the chunky knit sweaters or a soft light weight sweater, but you can be sure to see them everywhere this fall. A light-weight turtleneck shirt can be layered for versatility under a pullover sweater or paired with a blazer or vest.
- Dark khakis are the updated pants for fall. The darker the better, such as deep browns, charcoal gray and black. Don't confuse these pants with the light khakis meant for summer time. Tuck these dark khakis into a pair of combat boots for a style statement that's right in step with the fall season.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
Acting, comedy and strong spirits converge in Speakeasy. When host Paul F. Tompkins interviews entertainers—Key and Peele, Alison Brie, Rob Delaney, Zach Galifianakis—about all sor …
10 Things Women Expect Men to Know How To Do
To make ladies swoon or at least not cringe, you’d better be able to handle the following…
We all love fine food—and the people who make it! Eats introduces you to those folks, taking you into the kitchens of all kinds of culinary luminaries. From BBQ to vegan, eco-frien …