10 Mental Illness Movies
These are ten mental illness movies. We do not know what it is about these movies that we are so attracted to, but we just can not seem to get enough. Maybe it is the fact that we do not understand how they feel. Maybe it is the fact that we think mental illness and mental health videos are funny. Maybe we just want to get a better understanding of these people, but no doubt these are some of the best movies out there. Here they are:
- "The Tracey Fragments"- Although we never find out what her problem is, there is no doubt the star of this movie is messed up. She is dark and gloomy from beginning to end, and we couldn't turn away during this mental illness movie.
- "Finding Nemo"- Although a kids movie, this film might just be one of the funniest movies featuring a mental illness. The mental illness in this movie appears as a fish with short term memory loss, voiced perfectly by Ellen Degeneres.
- "50 First Dates"- Another film featuring short term memory loss, "50 First Dates" tells of the complications of falling in love with a girl who has this mental illness. With Drew Barrymore and Adam Sandler starring in this movie it was bound for greatness.
- "Charlie Bartlett"- There are way too many illnesses in this movie to list, but the plot goes something like this. A high school student trying to fit in attempts to prescribe drugs to students with mental illnesses even if they do not need them.
- "Garden State"- Starring Zach Braff and Natalie Portman this film centers around a man who has gone his whole life taking meds, then one day he simply stops. What does he discover? That he never really needed them in the first place.
- "Radio"- Although this movie featuring a mental illness took much heat, it was very successful and even more popular with the viewers. Cuba Gooding Jr. plays an autistic kid who defies the odds to become one of the most successful high school football coaches ever.
- "The Cake Eaters"- Starring the famous actor Kristin Stewart, better known as " The Twilight Chick," "The Cake Eaters" presents the story of a young girl who has a deadly illness and wants to lose her virginity before she dies.
- "The Bourne Identity"- "The Bourne Identity" is maybe one of the most popular movies with a mental illness ever. This movie presents the story of a man who cannot remember anything from the previous days, but knows he must get something done.
"Prozac Nation"- "Prozac Nation" tells the true story of a young woman, played by Christina Ricci, who struggles with clinical depression.
- "Reign Over Me"- Starring the talented Adam Sandler, "Reign Over Me" tells the story of a man just trying to cope in his own way after his family has been killed in the September 11 attacks—until he finally loses his mind and pretends it never happened and he had no family. Slowly but surely with the help of a good friend Adam Sandler's character emerges from his mental illness