These 10 Michael Eisner quotes display not only his business philosophies, but his outlook on life. While he had a tumultuous run as the CEO of The Walt Disney Company, it cannot be denied that he had some innovative ideas. These 10 Michael Eisner quotes represent who he was as a CEO and as a man.
- “Succeeding is not really a life experience that does that much good. Failing is a much more sobering and enlightening experience.” The first of these 10 Michael Eisner quotes shows his outlook on life. Eisner felt that failure could be more of a learning opportunity than success, a chance to learn from mistakes and become stronger because of them.
- “There's no good idea that can't be improved on.” Michael Eisner felt that there was always room for improvement on everything. Just because something was working didn't mean that it could not be working better. Out of the 10 Michael Eisner quotes, this is perhaps the best one to apply to business and life in general.
- "Well, when you're trying to create things that are new, you have to be prepared to be on the edge of risk." This quote shows that Eisner was not afraid to be a risk-taker. He realized there was a certain amount of risk inherent in all innovative ideas, and to shy away from them guaranteed failure.
- "Over time, the product we produce has been consistently successful here in America and around the world. Apparently, we are doing something right." When criticized, this the one of the 10 Michael Eisner quotes that he would fall upon. While some disagreed with his methods, The Walt Disney Company was still one of the most easily recognized and successful brands in the world.
- "If you`re soft and fuzzy, like our little characters, you become the skinny kid on the beach, and people in this business don't mind kicking sand in your face." Michael Eisner did not believe in being shy or apologetic about his decisions. He knew that you could not be timid while running a multi-billion dollar company. Thus he decided to be forceful in the way he ran the company and make it clear he was in charge.
- "If it's not growing, it's going to die." This quote is similar to an earlier one on this list of Michael Eisner quotes. This is Michael Eisner's way of saying that being complacent will equal failure. He realized that he had to always strive for better products, especially in an ever-changing market like the entertainment industry.
- "A company that pays attention to the family unit is a successful company. We don't isolate the family. We don't make rides that say, 'Hey mom, dad, you go sit on the bench.'" Michael Eisner realized that The Walt Disney Company was a family-oriented business. He could not just focus on making sales to children and expect success. Eisner came to the conclusion that the company would be more successful if he could appeal to both children and their parents.
- "Recovering from failure is often easier than building from success." Much like the first of these 10 Michael Eisner quotes, this one displays how he believed that mistakes were simply learning opportunities. By finding a way that doesn't work, you learn valuable lessons on what changes to make in order to be successful.
- “It is rare to find a business partner who is selfless. If you are lucky it happens once in a lifetime.” Michael Eisner knew that he could not rely upon other people to find success. He realized that people were in the business to make money, and could not be relied upon to always make altruistic decisions.
- “The only thing that gives [new technology] purpose is the kind of creative content we all produce.” When it comes down to it, companies are successful based on the ideas of those running them. This is the most true with entertainment-based companies. They can have all the fancy designing technology in the world, but in the end it is the creative content that keeps the business running.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
6 Signs She Wants You to Come Talk to Her at the Bar
These not-so-subtle hints mean legit interest—and time for action.
Do This Surprising Thing and Science Says Women Will Be All ...
No, it's not "buy a Ferrari."
10 Real-Life Heroes Who Inspired Indiana Jones
Legend has it, these guys are the real MVPs.